Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Thank you thank you thank you!!

Hey Everyone... it's Robin! I'm finally able to take some time to post.

First of all, thank you everyone for the kind words and well wishes over the past few days. It has been a very interesting few days. Obviously, things did not go the way I had planned but why would I think there was a plan at all given the past few weeks? :-) I'm still very sore, but I was 'unplugged' this morning... they took out my catheter, IV and let me take off the pulse-ox thing on my finger (they made me keep this on because of all the drugs I had). They let me get out of bed and take a shower. I actually feel somewhat like a human again.

I'm overwhealmed with the joy and love of this new man in our lives. He put me through a lot just to get him here, but he is so worth all of it! So far, he has been an amazing baby. He came out healthy and happy with great Apgar scores of 8 at 1 minute and 9 at 5 minutes. He slept pretty well last night and so far only cries when he needs a diaper change or is hungry.... and even those cries are only small whines. I know this may change since he's been through a lot, too and is probably tired but so far he really is a very content baby! He let us sleep 3 full hours last night and we probably would have gotten more if the nurses weren't in and out checking me and bringing me drugs.

Speaking of which, I'm still pretty sore, but I'm trying to walk and get back up to speed as soon as possible. Waylon has been (as alwasys) amazingly supportive. He had all of the grandparents and both of the aunts with him while I was in surgery yesterday and made a video of the baby to send back to me in post-op where I was by myself - they wouldn't let anyone else back there. I was so upset that I couldn't be awake during his birth, so when the nurse came around the corner with the video camera and said 'Surprise!', I just lost it. It's was so nice to see him at least on video since I had to wait an hour in post-op before going back to the room to meet Noah.

Well, I have so much more gushing to do, but mom duties call. Noah is hungry.... he's doing great with that, too.... eating like a champ.

Thanks again for everyone's love and support!

1 comment:

Evia, Tim, Eli and Cole said...

Robin - it gives me chills to read your post, the video Waylon made was priceless. I am soooo happy for you. You're going to be such a great mom. We'll have to plan a little yoga reunion once my little man gets here (I think I'm last). Love the updates - and pictures are great!