Monday, July 9, 2007

1 week old!


Well, we've made it for 1 week as a family of three (or four with Seger - leaving him out already, shame on me)! :-) We already feel that 'what did we ever do without him' feeling. I hate that it's been so long since I've posted, but I haven't had time! It's been on my mental list to do for a few days now. It's so strange that I feel like we do nothing all day but I also have no time to get other things done! The hours in the day just fly by.

Things have been going great! I actually can't believe it. You hear the horror stories but never really hear about the good situations. I didn't realize it could go this well at the beginning. He's been sleeping so great through the night. I've been setting my alarm for feedings, but he's been waking on his own about 15 minutes before it goes off. His diaper changes have been right on with those feedings, too and he sleeps the rest of the night.

We hope that this great schedule continues although we are keeping the open mind that it may not. I stopped taking the vicatin they had prescribed for my pain on Saturday night (still taking ibuprofen every 4 hours), so I was wondering if maybe last night he might have been more awake, but it was still a good night. It may not be out of my breast milk yet, so we'll see what happens tonight.

I'm feeling pretty good.... getting better each day. I'm still slow and feeling some pain at the incision, but it's totally bearable now (on the ibuprofen anyway). I'm noticing that some of my swelling is going down - I mainly noticed that in my face and feet - so I'm really happy about that. I'm definitely ready to have my body back and to be able to get out and do things.


We've had several visitors both in the hospital and at home. Noah has had so much fun meeting everyone. My parents, Waylon's parents and Jennie and Cory have all made dinners for us since we've been home. Thanks everyone for that! These pictures are of the proud grandparents. For those of you who don't already know them, my parents are on the left and Waylon's are on the right.

We also had Noah's first pediatrician's appointment on Friday. His weight was back up 3 oz since he was last weighed at the hospital on Wednesday night. That's really good news! He checked out perfectly and doesn't need to go back until next Monday, when he's 2 weeks old.

Waylon took 2 weeks off work, so I have him home with me all week still. I'm so glad about that. My mom is going to come down next Sunday to help me while Waylon goes back to work. After that, I'll be on my own during the days! Scary.

So - so far, so good! I'll try to keep the blog updated more often, but no promises! :-) Here's one more picture of our little heartbreaker.


2 comments:

jenbroome said...

I love him

Evia, Tim, Eli and Cole said...

He's so precious. You guys look so proud and happy. Happy 1 week birthday to Noah!!