Wednesday, July 4, 2007

4th of July

We just heard the fireworks over at the fairgrounds. Hope everyone had a great 4th! We sure did - we have the love of our lives with us safe and sound! I honestly don't know where the hours in the day go. Noah is off getting an assessment done right now, so I just have a few minutes to update the blog and get ready for bed.

Just wanted to let everyone know that we are going home tomorrow. We thought we'd have to stay until Friday but the docs have cleared us to go tomorrow instead. We are excited to get settled at home as a family and introduce Noah to Seger! That should be interesting.

Things are still going really well. We had a great night last night - great feedings and good sleep in between. I think I got about 5 hours of sleep and Waylon actually got 7 (I didn't wake him for the last feeding).

Noah just got back from his assessment and he's only lost 1 oz since yesterday (last night, he has lost 8 oz - totally normal by the way since my milk is not supposed to come in until days 3-5 or so). Anyway, I just had the nurse show me how to use the breast pump (Thanks Courtney for letting me borrow that!) and I am definitely producing milk!! I pumped 3 mls in just a few minutes.... sorry if this is TMI but I'm really excited about this. I know breastfeeding can be a challenge for a lot of people so I'm really happy it's going well.

Speaking of which, almost time for the little piggy to eat (he actually snorted last time trying to get to the trough). Here are some pics - thanks to 'Gramps' - my dad - the master photographer.


5 comments:

jenbroome said...

I think your dad should move in and chronicle his life. The pictures are amazing. 3 mls? That is so awesome! You are already super mommy!
Love
Jennie

Anonymous said...

Hi guys! We're so glad to read that Noah is doing so well, and you too Robin. He is adorable! Can't wait to meet him.
Love you,
The Kosacks

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Robin and Waylon!
I have to admit I have not been able to keep up with the blog so when I saw your new myspace picture I raced to my email to find the blog address. It all sounded so dramatic but I am glad you are all a family now. Noah looks quite precious and I know how excited you two must be to get him home. I can't wait to see more pictures. I wish I was there to give you hugs but I guess I'll have to settle for XXXs and OOOs. I wish you well! Love, Nicole

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the birth of your firstborn! You did well Robin - that's a tough birth scenario, just like Reeves's. The bright side: look what a BEAUTIFUL baby it makes (no red face, scratches or pointy head, born looking like the Gerber baby)! Wish I could have been there to see for myself on Day 1, just one day off for us. Will see you next week when McCauley & I come home to get his braces off (another parenting milestone). LOVE the wonderful pictures -- keep them coming.
Love to all 3 of you, Karen

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Robin and Waylon!! He is adorable and Robin, you look great! Sorry to hear Monday was so hard, but glad that everyone is doing well. You guys have fun being at home. Remember...sleep when Noah sleeps:)
Love,
Sarah, Brad & Kyle