Saturday, June 16, 2007

One more week?

After several weeks of reading a friend's blog about the end of her pregnancy and now the birth of her daughter, Waylon and I have decided that we should start one of these, too! We think it would be a great way to keep everyone up to speed with Noah's entrance into the world and a great place to post pictures. I'm definitely not an experienced blogger, so I can't promise how interesting and entertaining it will be! In any case... here we go!

One week from today is my due date. I'm so ready. I've been so tired recently and Waylon has been so understanding and good to me. As I'm writing this, I'm having a Braxton Hick contraction ('practice' contractions)... which I've been having for several months now. So annoying! Especially now that I'm trying to distinguish between these and 'real' contractions. The docs assure me that 'I'll know' when it's real, though.

We have everything ready... except for the glider and ottoman that are being delievered next Friday and the wall decorations that we'll put up when we get all the furniture in the nursery. Everything is washed, bags are packed (as much as they can be), and it's just a waiting game now.

I think Waylon is going through the nesting phase more than I am. I'm too tired for that now! Just in the past week, he's flipped the direction of the door to our downstairs bathroom, powerwashed the deck, gotten my car new tires and was planning to stain the deck today but it may rain, so he may do that tomorrow... not to mention the cleaning which he's always been obsessive about! :-) (He told me to use the word obsessive!) Maybe I'll get that spurt of energy that they talk about women getting just before they go into labor. Waylon probably hopes I do!

He has been laughing at me about how obsessive I've been about the nursery, though. Everything in there has to have it's place. As most of you know, he's defnitely usually the 'neater' of the two of us, but he'll fold up a blanket in the nursery and I go behind him and refold it so it lays nicer in the closet with the other blankets!! :-) He's even caught me spacing out the hangers in the closet which he thought was so funny and great. I'm just so excited and I love to go in there and just look at all of Noah's things.

So, besides the Braxton Hicks, there's really been no sign that Noah is going to make his grand appearance soon. The doctors say they will induce 7-10 days past my due date, so one way or another, we'll have him in our arms in about 2 1/2 weeks. We'll keep you upated!!

3 comments:

Amy Grant, Stella Dot, and Yma said...

I have my fingers crossed that Noah won't make you wait too long! And, you know how everyone keeps saying "get your sleep now," and you're all "I can't sleep! I can barely move!" Well. . .as much as I hate to say it, you are sleeping soooo much now compared to how much you'll be sleeping after the baby arrives. The good thing is, after the baby is here you aren't getting up because of pain or discomfort, but to soothe, feed, or snuggle with your little one. It makes getting those 12:30, 3:30, and 6:30 feedings so much easier!

We're thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

what a great idea! thanks for doing this- i'll check it every day. can't wait to meet my sweet nephew. love you!!!

Anonymous said...

Such a great idea! I am so excited to hear about Noah's welcome to the world.

You will be awesome parents!