Monday, June 18, 2007

Back to work...

Well, I was hoping I wouldn't be here today, but here I am. I know I'm not even at my due date yet, but I'm still disappointed that nothing happened this weekend.... except those darn Braxton Hicks!!

We did have a nice weekend, though. Of course, as I posted on Saturday, Waylon got lots of things done around the house - I even helped stain the deck some yesterday (of course I had to take more breaks than he did). We also went out to a very nice dinner on Saturday night... appetizer, meals, coffee (decaf for me, of course!) and dessert. We have to take advantage of these 'just the two of us' moments as we know they are fleeting now. Last night we celebrated Father's day at Waylon's parents' house which was also very nice.

We have a lot of people voting for me to go into labor on Friday. That would actually be a good thing for several reasons. It's Waylon's alternate Friday off, so we could maximize his time at home, the glider and ottoman are being delivered Friday morning, my sister, Leah, would be able to come down for the weekend to meet Noah and it would be good for my parents to come down on a weekend, too. The only downside is that I have to live through this week.... it's supposed to be 97 here today and tomorrow - not to mention the humidity. Whew.... my poor feet. :-(

Well, as much speculation as we put into it, I have a feeling we don't have a choice! Noah will come when he's good and ready. Glad to see he already has the stubborn trait of his mom and dad!

Okay, I'm warning you now... this next part is going to be cheesy! I'll try to keep the hormones out of it and just say what I want to say! :-) We are so excited. Obviously, you can tell that by how impatient my posts have been. But watching Waylon and how excited he is is amazing to me. He's usually the calm and patient of the two of us, but for the arrival of this baby, he can barely control himself! It's so sweet to watch. Everyone tells you that having a baby changes your relationship with your husband and it is totally true. I didn't think I could love him more than I already did, but watching him morph into a father over these past 9 months has been the most amazing thing to see. I know when I see Noah in his arms, it's going to multiply by 1000, too. I just can't wait.

Okay, enough of that!! :-) I have a doctors appointment today, so we'll see if anything has progressed, but I don't have high hopes. Like I said, he'll come when he's ready... and if he doesn't, we'll make him come out in 2 weeks!

1 comment:

Amy Grant, Stella Dot, and Yma said...

My co-worker gave me some raspberry tea to drink to "stimulate" my uterus. Within 3 days, I was in labor.

From BabyCenter.com:

"Although some midwives use raspberry leaf (also known as red raspberry leaf) to aid delivery, its effectiveness hasn't been proven. In any case, it should be used only near term and under the supervision of a healthcare professional. Avoid the rest of the herbs in this list during pregnancy and lactation."

(http://www.babycenter.com/refcap/pregnancy/pregnancynutrition/3537.html)

Just a suggestion...