Sunday, June 24, 2007

D-day + 1....

Waylon has this written on our calendar on the fridge. Yesterday we were a little down about nothing happening. We didn't have much going on (Waylon didn't think of more projects for yesterday), so we were kinda just sitting around waiting most of the day. We did make it to the mall to have lunch and just walk around to try to get things moving (to no avail obviously!). :-) Last night, Cory and Jennie brought over dinner and we watched a movie. Our dogs, Seger and Oscar got to play together which is always fun, so that was good.

We did have an interesting experience at the mall yesterday. A woman and her husband (maybe in their 40s) stopped us in Sears and asked when our due date was. When I told her it was that day, she started asking all sorts of questions and then asking questions about my job and Waylon's job. It was just strange. They talked to us for a long time before we finally were able to make a get-away. Then, as we were walking out of Sears, all of the sudden they were next to us again and the lady said 'Well, since we are following you, are you having a boy or a girl?' and started asking us all sorts of questions again and at this point were basically walking with us through the mall! It was very strange. Waylon thought maybe they were Amway salespeople, but they never brought any of that up. We were able to tell them we were heading into a store and finally lost them. Very strange.

So, I don't think I've mentioned my massive feet here yet. A few weeks ago, my feet started to swell and they have been so annoying since. I try to keep them up as much as possible but they pretty much stay that way all the time. They just look so strange - like I'm not looking at my own feet, and if you put pressure on them, it leaves an indentation for a long time... beautiful. I'm defnitely ready to get my body back (although I know that's going to take a while even after he's here).

Anyway, I'm sure these posts are getting pretty boring and probably depressing. I apologize for that... we just want to meet our son! :-)

Today should be better. Waylon has some more projects to work on today... changing the oil in his car and the lawn mower.... and I have a bridal shower to go to. Honestly, I was hoping I wouldn't be able to go (sorry, Megan!), but on the other hand I am glad to be able to be included since I'm going to miss the bachelorette party weekend at the beach and it's always fun to celebrate a wedding!

I have another doctors appointment tomorrow, so we'll see what the doc says.... if I've progressed or if they will schedule an induction, etc.

On to D-day + 2 (or maybe not hopefully!)... :-)

4 comments:

Amy Grant, Stella Dot, and Yma said...

The good news (and for you to look forward to): three weeks and I've lost close to 20 lbs. The bad news: the last 10 will definitely be the hardest to lose. No more excuses for late night shakes ("I NEED the calcium!") and sweets ("I'm STUCK on this darn sofa -- get me a cupcake!").

Sorry to hear about your feet! Swollen ain't no fun.

Enjoy the quiet time you've got. I am learning to eat, do laundry, and type with one hand while bouncing a crying baby on my knee. While it is wonderful to have her, I do already miss the freedom of sitting for a couple of hours watching a movie without warming a bottle, pumping, or doing a load of laundry to ensure that there is a full supply of burp cloths at the ready. . .

Evia, Tim, Eli and Cole said...

Hey Robin - Just got back in town and was hoping to see pictures of Noah. Sorry to hear that you're bumming. Don't worry, he'll be here soon and you'll be like Amy said - wishing for some quiet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you for Noah's safe and happy entrance.

Unknown said...

I was hoping to get a message to come over and take care of Seager but I guess there wasn't anything to report :( We are all waiting to meet him!! He will come when he is ready. By the way, I'm proposing Sat., June 30th. I know you don't want to wait that long but it's a great day ;) Michael says "Best of luck with the feet!"

Danita Pergerson said...

Robin and Waylon: remember...God has a perfect timing for Noah to arrive...not one second beforehand. When I'm anxious and want something right now, I remember that God is always protecting me and allowing it for His good purpose. So...relax...when he gets here it will be with God's wonderful and joyful timing! We're so excited for you! love d