Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A low key weekend for a change!

This past weekend was a nice low key weekend for us - well, as low key as it can be with two young kids! Kylie started the weekend right by falling asleep in the high chair after breakfast on Friday. It was so cute... one minute she was eating her mum mum and the next she had her head down and was out! :-)


Friday night, Waylon orchestrated an outing with our friends. It was nice - we just met up at a local bar for dinner and drinks. We stayed for a bit after dinner and played some bar games that they had there.... very fun! Nana and Grandad came to babysit and Noah did much better with them than the past two times when he did not behave for them at all!

Saturday morning, we headed out to Cole's 1st birthday party! I can't believe it's already been a year - time just flies! Noah and Eli had so much fun... as usual!! Cole's birthday is on 4th of July so we were all told to wear red white and blue!

Taking a cheeto break... they have to do everything alike!

Jumping in the bounce house.


Kylie and Mommy



Kylie flirting with the boys... Cole has on the star bib


The birthday boy with his family


Cupcakes!!
Hugs - they love each other!!

Trying on the stuff in the goody bags!


Kylie too - I love this picture!! :-)

After the party, we thought for sure Noah would be pooped but he decided instead that he didn't want to nap at all!! I, on the other hand, was exhausted (I'd been staying up late all week playing with my new phone - a Droid Incredible!) :-), so Waylon decided to take Kylie to the store and Noah and I laid down in our bed. Noah wanted to watch a show in our room so I let him watch a show and took about a 45 minute nap!! It was so nice and I didn't feel guilty at all - well maybe a little but I knew I shouldn't. :-)
Saturday night, I went out again! Crazy - two nights in a row. I had a girls night planned so I left Waylon with the kids around 6:30 or so and headed downtown with my friends Jenn and Brandy. We had a nice long dinner at a tapas restaurant and then went to a fancy club afterwards. It was a lot of fun!
Sunday morning, Waylon let me sleep in (I let him sleep in on Saturday - we really need to do that more often) so it was a really nice treat! When I got up, I took the kids for a walk and we ended up over at Maddie and Mason's house. Noah and Maddie played up in her room and Mason and Kylie played downstairs...



Maddie wanted to play princess so she's in her princess outfit :-)
After an early lunch, Noah went with Waylon to get their hair cut and run a few errands. Again, he didn't fall asleep on the way home so we were afraid we weren't going to get a nap again but he ended up going down after they got home and he stayed down for 3 hours!!! Crazy. It was nice to just hang out with Kylie while he was sleeping... it was a great family day on Sunday.

A cute shot of Kylie later that day.

Some interesting things about the week...
Noah had a rough few nights for some reason. On Sunday night, he woke up at 1am and decided he did not want to get back in his bed. We fought it for an hour and a half and then finally gave in and let him sleep with us. It was very strange cause we don't do that often at all. The next night he did it again to a lesser extent and did go back to sleep in his own bed. He said he got scared of the shadows and we have been having to check for monsters and turn on an extra nightlight before he goes to bed these days. Very strange... not sure where that came from. He slept all night again last night and we are hoping for another good one tonight.
Kylie - developing by leaps and bounds. We can't believe she'll be 9 months tomorrow. She's crawling all over the place pulling up on everything. She's also now cruising around the furniture!! Last night, she pushed the truck push toy and walked behind it for about 5 feet (I had to hold the front so it didn't get away from her but she did it!). The second bottom tooth is coming in now too. She's starting to really get the hang of eating more 'real' food and tonight ate lots of pasta, a slice of cheese, a bunch of puffs, two mum mums.... AND two jars of food! Growth spurt??? or just tired from being so active all day?? She's also getting a little clingy and really letting us know when she wants something (or doesn't). She's finally starting to get a little bit more hair, too... before we know it, she'll be a toddler!!!
Tomorrow, the kids and I are off to MD for the weekend. It should be interesting driving up by myself with them but I'm really looking forward to being there. We're going to a lifeguard reunion at my childhood pool on Saturday, of course catching up with friends, I'm going to spend some good quality time with my sister in DC and of course we'll enjoy lots of fun time with Grammy and Papa!
It's going to be a big weekend - I'm sure the next post will be huge so be prepared! :-)

No comments: