Monday, April 26, 2010

A crazy week

So, we are pretty sure that our sweet little boy has officially hit the terrible twos. Everyone says 3 is worse so I think we are getting there. Today, he was a little better than he had been the past 4-5 days, so there is still some hope that he might have been going through something but we'll see! He's still sweet in between but he's testing his independence and us, too! Last night, we were trying to get him to stop playing with bubbles and come inside and he just had a fit. But an hour later, as he was getting his PJs on, he said, 'Daddy, I'm sorry about the bubbles'. What a sweet boy.

Anyway, back to last week. Waylon was travelling and I did well on my own! Sunday night went smoothly and I think Noah knew he had to help me out because he was a really good boy (his 'phase' didn't start until Wednesday). And Kylie is such a good kid, too. We started a new bedtime routine with her a few weeks ago, so she gets a bottle downstairs and then when it's bedtime, we read her a book, sing a song, and put her down with her paci and lovey and she's out! Amazing. So when I had them by myself, I just read a book to both of them together, said night night to Kylie and then went in Noah's room to read him a few more books.

Monday morinng was Kylie's 6 month doctor's appt. The stats (surprise, she's big):
Weight: 18 lbs, 5oz (90th percentile)
Height: 27.5 inches (95th percentile)

She got a clean bill of health and a few shots which made her a little fussy with a low grade fever that night but nothing too bad and her developmental milestones were at a 7 month old level. What can we say, our kids are advanced! Haha. :-)

Monday night, Waylon's mom came over to help with bath night. It was nice to have company and help!

Nana reading a bedtime story

Tuesday I was on my own again and it went well again. A funny story from one morning while Waylon was gone..... Noah woke up at 6am and told me he had to go potty. He went and then said, 'I want a lollipop'. I told him we couldn't have a lollipop and go back to bed so he asked again. I explained again and he asked again. This happened a few times until I told him 'you asked, and I answered and that's it' so I left his room. Then he started in with a fit and came running into my room. I had laid back down and closed my eyes and he came in and sweetly said 'I want a lollipop'. When I just ignored him, he collapsed on the floor again screaming 'I want a lollipop!!' He must have said that a million times that morning. Finally, he got quiet and I thought he was going to fall back asleep on the floor in my room but then after a while, he got up and came right up to my face and in the quietest of voices, said, 'I want a lollipop.' It was so funny. He said it twice and then I opened my eyes and asked if he wanted to get in bed with me. He thought for a minute and then said, 'Yeah Mommy.' Then I pulled him in bed and he said, 'I'm happy now!' :-)

Waylon got home on Wednesday morning and picked up the kids that afternoon. They were both excited to see him and so was I! That night, Nana came back with Grandaddy this time and babysat the kids while Waylon and I went to see Shooter Jennings open for Alice in Chains! Those of you who know me know that Alice in Chains isn't really my taste but Waylon has been dying to see Shooter Jennings (Waylon Jennings' son) for several years now so we decided to go. It was fun even though Shooter only played for about 30 minutes. Here we are at the concert...




Thursday and Friday, we spent a lot of time outside cause the weather has been so nice. On Thursday, Noah decided to try to get in Kylie's jumper. I told him he was too big to get in there and he looked at me with puppy dog eyes and said, 'But I really really want to jump.' :-)



On Friday morning, we had Kate and the triplets, Megan and Ryan and Natalie and Mackenzie over to play. 4 toddlers and 3 babies! It was so crazy, I didn't get any pictures when everyone was here but Megan and Ryan ended up staying all day so that was great. We had some down time when Noah and Kylie were both sleeping and I rocked Ryan to sleep in my arms. I'm already starting to feel nostalgic about Kylie growing up. She's getting so big!
Kylie, Ryan and Noah


Had to post this one also since Kylie has such a pretty smile. :-)


After a crazy week with the kids, I took the day off on Saturday! Waylon kept the kids alone all day and I took off shopping with two friends from work. We met at 10am and I didn't get home until almost 5:00! It was so nice to just take my time walking around the mall and to buy a few things for myself (thanks Mom!). :-) We even had a nice relaxing lunch on the restaurant's patio and enjoyed a drink!
On Sunday morning, we kind of had another impromptu playdate. It all came together pretty quickly but we yet again had 5 toddlers and 3 babies at the house! Evia Eli and Cole, Amy and Stella Dot, Andrea and Savannah and Janet Maddie and Mason all came over to play!!
The crew minus me, Noah and Maddie


Everyone brought their bikes so we could ride in the street while Mason and Kylie had some brunch.



We noticed them all congegating at the end of the street and here's what they were doing.....



They found a mud puddle!! Oh it was too funny. I was convinced to let them just have fun even though I had put Noah in a brand new white shirt. Ironically, I had never put it on him before cause it was so white and I knew it would get dirty. But that morning, I thought, if I never put it on him, he'll never wear it so what the heck! Course this was the dirtiest he's ever gotten! :-)
Even more funny was the fact that Maddie got NO mud on her and Stella Dot had a few spots but Noah and Eli were COVERED. The girls were picking flowers while the boys were playing in the mud!! :-)




The only way to get them all cleaned up was to strip them down in the driveway and spray them down with the hose!! It was craziness. Here's some action shots of Amy and I trying to get everyone cleaned. Amy soon took control of the sitution cause I was having a hard time controlling it all! Thanks Amy! :-)






Once we had everyone dressed in Noah's clothes, we sent them all upstairs to play in Noah's room. About every 5 mintues, one of us would have to go up to police them and Maddie ended up with a bandaid on her face because guess who hit her in the face with a block? Yup, Noah (he apologized and she said 'that's okay' and they hugged it out). For the most part they had fun up there while we were downstairs getting lunch ready. Here they all are eating lunch. In order to get them all to look in the same direction, Amy pointed out in the yard and said, 'Oh my gosh, look at that!!!' So it makes me laugh that they are all looking so intently to see what it was! :-)


After everyone left, I had a little much needed down time while both kids slept and Waylon mowed the lawn (he worked out and had some time alone while all the craziness was happening!). After naps, we hung out in the backyard and got some prep work done for our flower beds that will be full in a few weeks! We are going to do some major planting soon finally!
Later that evening, Maddie and family ended up in our back yard again so that was a fun little surprise. Waylon and Noah were in the backyard and next time I looked up, there was Maddie, Frank and Mason! Then Janet came by also so we had some playtime before dinner. At one point, Noah was blowing bubbles and I heard this exchange:
Maddie: Can I try that now?
Noah: Yes! You can!
Maddie: Thank you!
Noah: You're welcome!
Wow! I was in awe to hear that and it was so sweet of both of them. I'm trying to focus on the positives cause there really are a lot of those, too! :-)
Today was back to school and work and we are looking forward to the next few weeks and getting the back yard looking a little nicer for summer!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading what is going on there in your neck of the woods! Thanks for posting all of that. It is like I am there! Fun. Your relatives and mine from Texas were here in Oregon for 10 days with 2 yr old and 8 yr old. Lots of fun. Aunt Tensie