Sunday, April 11, 2010

Lots of pictures!

Well, since I started back to work, things have been very busy so it's been a while since I posted. Tomorrow is Kylie's first day at daycare (since my mom was here the past two weeks) and I'm feeling a little emotional about it but I know it will be okay. Having the time away has already been good for me so I know it will be good. My mom took her to school on Tuesday and Wednesday of last week to just get some face time with the teachers and the room so that made me feel better.

Noah has been a handful the past week or so but he also has had an upset tummy and pretty bad cough (which may be allergies since the pollen has been crazy) so I'm really hoping he's going to get over it instead of it being just the 2/3 year old thing. We'll see though! Today was exceptionally tough so I'm super tired talking about it right now. :-)

Anyway, looking back to before Easter when Grammy was here...

On Thursday, Grammy hid Noah's Easter Eggs again (from his hunt at school the day before) while he was napping so he had another private hunt while Kylie and I watched from the porch. :-)

Such a big boy-- I've been feeling exra emotional about him seeming grown up since he's been potty trained. It just seems like somehow he all of the sudden became so big!












Grammy left late that Thursday afternoon to meet Papa back at the lake for the weekend before heading back for the second week.
Friday morning - the kids playing. Kylie just adores Noah. It's so cute to watch them together.



The weather has been beautiful (except for that silly pollen) so we've been trying to spend lots of time outside. And it's fun to put Kylie in the summer outfits!


Yet again - big boy!!




Saturday morning, we went to Andrea, Sean and Savannah's house to have an Easter Egg hunt and brunch. It was so much fun as always!
Noah driving Savannah on her car. Look how he's concentrating so hard. :-)


The third Easter Egg Hunt!



Kylie found an egg, too!




Sean and Waylon drove the kids around at full speed. It was so funny to watch.



Kylie was enthralled with Grandaddy's watch! :-)



After a long nap for Noah and some rest for us, we took off again to visit Steven and Kate and their new daughter Samantha. They were visiting Kate's mom on her farm in Wendell so Noah had a blast riding in the truck and tractor and seeing the cows and ducks.
The boys went for a ride in the pickup truck out into the pasture to see the cows close up. Noah even sat on Steven's lap and drove! He loved it.

Then Kate took him for a ride on the big tractor. He was in heaven!


The new family. :-)

Sunday morning was Easter and Noah was so excted when he came down the stairs. He looked when he came downe the stairs and said, 'Bakskets!!!' -)
Here he is helping Kylie check out her goodies.
Waylon made a nice breakfast and just stuck close to home and relaxed (ha) most of the day - lots of outdoor time again. Grammy came cak that evening and we all went out to dinner. We had planned to grill but had been outside so long and we decided we didn't want to cook!
Monday was back to work fo me and some good Kylie/Grammy time - which meant good Kylie pictures for us! :-)

On Wednesday night, Mike, the guy who has been training Waylon in his new job, came over for dinner. It was nice to meet him and luckily, he was a kid person. Noah was all over him (literally by the end of the night)! During dinner, Noah started being silly and made Kylie just die laughing. It was so funny! I got video and am hoping to get that up soon but in the meantime, here's a picture.

Thursday morning, I had a hair appointment, so Grammy was nice enough to stay one more day so I could get a few things done (and have the company!!).


Noah wanted to feed Kylie her breakfast and it was so sweet. He did a great job.

How adorable is she?!
After nap on Thursday, we ran some errands with Grammy and then met Great Uncle Michael, McCauley, and Daddy out to dinner
Grammy left early Friday morning so I was on my own for the first time in a long time!! :-) It went well and Noah was a really good boy that day so that was nice. I was even able to take both kids on a few errands that morning, which was nice.
Yesterday, after a slow start to the day, Waylon went out to mow the lawn and the kids and I took a walk (and biked) around the neighborhood with Janet, Maddie and Mason. After nap, we ran out to Target for a quick family shopping trip. It was Kylie's first ride as a big girl in the cart! :-)
Today was a busy day and like I said at the beginning, we are all super tired tonight. First thing this morning, we went to the NC State Arboretum and had some professional family pictures done with Waylon's parents and Andrea, Sean and Savannah. I think we got some great shots and I can't wait to see them! The shoot lasted a while and then we went to lunch afterwards so we were all very tired by time we made it home close to 2!!
While Noah was sleeping, Waylon started working out in the yard and I was (attempting) to get some things done in the house. After he woke up from nap, we played outside with Maddie and Stella Dot. We started riding bikes but ended up in the backyard. It was fun to have the first real backyard playdate of the season - even if Noah was a pill!! :-)

In their outfits from the photo shoot. Savannah had a matching dress, too! :-)



Kylie and Mason - it made me feel good that they got some face time today because they will be in school together tomorrow! :-)
Noah, Stella Dot, and Maddie swinging (with Maddie's Grandmomma pushing in the background)


So that bring us to now. In addition to being a challenge, Noah has been hilarious over the past few weeks, too. He's been saying some funny things that I've been trying to write down so I'll have to post them here soon. He's so sweet with his sister and she just loves him. No one can make her laugh like he does and it melts my heart to watch. Busy and crazy as it is, I absolutely love my life and everyone in it.

No comments: