Sunday, April 18, 2010

We had a good week and weekend and now it's head first into the week as a single mom. Waylon left today for Houston for training so tonight was my first night putting both kids to bed on my own (only took 6 months!). :-) It went well and it was empowering knowing that I could do it on my own.

Back to our week in review -- my 'work week' was good and I was excited to be home on Thursday and Friday with the kids. I think I'm really going to enjoy working part time again. Kylie did great with her first week of daycare. She was happy when I dropped her off and picked her up and I think she was pretty happy in between, too. I think she's still getting used to sleeping with all the activity but she's already improved so she'll adapt quickly. Have I mentioned what a good baby she is?! :-) I feel so proud to have two great kids.

Thursday morning, Elizabeth, Jacque and Jacob came over to play. We played outside for a while and then came in for lunch.




After lunch, Noah and Elizabeth wanted to play in Noah's room and it got suspciously quiet. When we went to check on them, this is what we found. Elizabeth had Noah's big boy underwear on and Noah was buttoning up one of his PJ tops on her.



Then they climbed in bed together. :-)


Then he had to put on some PJs, too so this is how the playdate ended.... :-)




Here's just a cute shot of Kylie from Thursday - she's sitting up so well now! - outfit compliments of Savannah's adorable wardrobe. :-)




On Friday morning, we met Megan and Ryan out for some shopping and then they came back to our house to play during Noah's nap. Kylie was very interested in Ryan and wanted to give him kisses. :-)







Friday afternoon, I finally let Noah tear into his chocolate bunny from Easter. When he got it on Easter morning, he looked at it and said, 'it's a bunny!' and I asked him what kind of bunny it was and he said, 'a brown bunny!' Then he looked down at it and said, 'Thank you Easter Bunny!' :-) I decided not to tell him it was chocolate at the time and just put it away. I figured I better let him eat it cause if not, I was going to eat it!! :-) He was really excited and loved it.
I told him to hold up the bunny for the picture and when he did, he said, 'Happy Chocolate!' That's my son. :-)



Friday night, we went to our favorite mexican restaurant for dinner and sat outside cause the weater was so beautiful. Afterwards, we ran into the grocery store and Noah and Kylie rode together in the car cart. So cute!!



Saturday was a fun day. Nana and Grandad came over to babysit and Waylon and I went downtown to Cuegrass - a BBQ and bluegrass festival in downtown Raleigh. It was so much fun! I don't have any pictures because I didn't take my camera with me because I didn't even carry a purse! It was amazing. :-) I kept felt like I was forgetting something. We had a great time and enjoyed hanging out with friends.
Noah didn't nap for Waylon's parents (as we expected) so he was super tired last night - which ended up working well for us cause he slept until 8am today! Kylie slept until about 7:45 also so it was a great morning for us.
Once we all finally got up and moving, we took off to Lake Johnson to feed the ducks, take a walk and have a picnic. It was a nice family outing before Waylon had to leave for Houston this afternoon.

A silly shot of Noah feeding the ducks. :-)


Waylon and Kylie



Heading back to the car.

Another big milestone this week. I gave up breastfeeding. It was big decision but it had been coming for a while now. I had been a little concerned about my milk supply for a while and with going back to work and Kylie just getting more active and squirmy, we decided it was time. It's strange since we probably won't have any more kids and it feels so final but we are okay with it.

Tomorrow will be a busy morning trying to get both kids going first thing by myself, get Noah to school, take Kylie to her 6 month checkup (six months already!), take her back to school and get to work for a few hours before having to pick them up and back home for the rest of the evening! Phew. Luckily, Waylon's mom is coming over to help me out tomorrow night so that will be a huge help! Then Tuesday I'll be on my own again and Waylon will be home on Wednesday. Wednesday night will be interesting -- Nana and Grandad are coming to babysit yet again (we are so fortunate and grateful!) and we are going to see Shooter Jennings and (are you ready?) Alice and Chains! :-)

Hope you all have a great week.

No comments: