Monday, March 22, 2010

Hello Spring!!!

It was a beautiful weekend and we got outside as much as possible!!

We started with a trip to the park on Thursday morning (although the weather that day was not the most beautiful of the weekend). We met Jacque, Elizabeth and Jacob there and Kylie and Jacob hung out in our double stroller together.



... and Noah and Elizabeth played and played. Notice Noah's backpack - he had a fit about taking it (wanted to wear it in the car) and didn't take it off the whole time we were there!
My sore throat turned into a full blown cold on Thursday - complete with head and body aches - so that was kinda rough on me. Although I'm still fighting some sniffles now, I started feeling much better Thursday night. Feeling good is all a matter of prospective, isn't it!?

Kylie loves the jumperoo just like Noah did!

After dinner on Thursday night, we all went out to swing. Whenever I'm out there with the kids, Noah points to the swing and says, 'I'm going to save that one to Daddy.' :-)



Friday was another beautiful day. I got outside with the kids in the afternoon again. Kylie hung out on a blanket while Noah played tee-ball.







On Saturday, we took a family trip to Lowes in the morning to get some things for the yard and during lunch, we gave Kylie her first 'solid' food! She wasn't thrilled with the taste but was very interested in eating. We'll start tastier foods tomorrow so hopefully she'll like those better.








During lunch, Noah said, out of the blue, 'When I grow up, I want to be a lion!' :-)

Noah and Kylie napped at the same time (for a short period) on Saturday so Waylon and I worked outside together for a bit which was nice. When Noah woke up, he helped me plant some flowers and then we took a walk with Kylie while Daddy did some things in the yard, too.


Saturday night was interesting to say the least. We went to our friends' Dave and Megan's house for a cook out. While we were there, Noah started acting funny. By the time he sat down to eat, he was really acting pitiful and starting to get really hot. He didn't want to eat anything, so we left. When we got home, we took his temperature and it was 102!! Then, as I was giving him a hug with Kylie one one shoulder, he threw up all over my other shoulder,down my back and all over the floor. Luckily, Kylie was spared but it was craziness trying to get us all cleaned up and both kids to bed. But even more strange, he slept great and woke up happy and normal on Sunday morning and has been fine ever since.
Sunday was another beautiful day and we got outside for a few walks and also got some more outdoor things done. In the afternoon, Noah took a good nap and Kylie and I took one together also. Waylon's parents came over to visit and then we decided to go out for dinner, too. A nice ending to a nice weekend.
This week is my last week home alone with Kylie. Next week, I go back to work. I'm feeling pretty good about it. My mom will come and stay with her for two weeks, so that will ease the transition a little. At least she won't have to go to daycare right away. I know Noah has thrived at school, so I know she will, too.
Today, tomorrow, and Wednesday I'm getting as many Kylie snuggles as I can and then the kids and I are heading for the first lake trip of the season!! Whoo hoo! My sister will be there also so I'm so excited to see her! Love you Ditter!

No comments: