Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A quick update with no pictures! :-(

I know many of you will find this totally unbelieveable but I have taken zero pictures since last Thursday! What is wrong with me!? I am coming down with something so I'll blame it on that. :-) (Just a sore throat for me so far - Noah had a pretty bad cough for the past few days so I think I'm catching whatever he had.) Anyway, I'll just do a quick update on our weekend..

On Friday, the kids and I went to my work to pick up a laptop since they want me to start doing some work from home before I actually go back. On the way there, Noah said, 'Mommy, do you have any play areas at your work?' It was so cute. Luckily, my coworker Cindy does keep lots of toys, so he had his wish. :-) It was nice to catch up with everyone and it was a good activity for the morning.

Saturday morning, we started the morning with breakfast at Bass Lake. Waylon got the Wheelbarrow again - I looked back to find this picture and it was almost a year ago that he did it last. :-) While we were there, we decided to have an impromtu get together to watch the NCSU basketball game (they made it to the semi-finals in the ACC tournament!). We had a great time but I could kick myself for not taking any pictures. Noah had fun playing with Maddie and Savannah and we had fun playing with our friends also!

Sunday, we just stuck close to home but got outside some which is so nice. It was nice to have the extra sunlight at night, too!

We've been having a really tough time with Noah's naps recently. It's been touch and go since we took the paci away but the past week or so has really been hard and he's even missed it a few days. He's so tired, he just can't figure out how to relax. As soon as he actually sits still long enough, he'll fall asleep but we just can't get him there! After a bad struggle on Sunday, we decided to go ahead and start him back to full days at school. The hope is that taking some good naps with his friends will help him remember how to do it at home, too. I guess we'll see on Thursday. Isn't it funny how we use peer pressure so much to get them to do things at this age and then when they get to be teenagers, we're going to tell them that peer pressure is bad! :-)

So, the past 2 days has seemed like a breeze for me! Who would have thought that it would feel like a break to *only* take care of a 5 month old all day?! :-) I've been trying to take advantage of the time to get some things done around the house and really enjoy some good quality time with Kylie before I go back to work.

Well, that's it... no pictures! I promise to be better this weekend :-)

No comments: