Thursday, December 20, 2007

Finally!

Our good sleeper is back!! We had been having some major sleeping problems but he's now back to normal. He had started to get better after the teeth came in and then he got much worse again when I was put on antibiotics for an ingrown toenail (yuck!). We weren't sure if that was what was messing him up until I was done with them and he magically started sleeping again! Those 10 nights were pretty bad but we are back to his normal down at 8, up at 6:30/7... no night wakings at all for several nights in a row now! It's so nice. We'll enjoy it until the next big thing happens.... more teeth, sickness, etc. I guess we can expect him to catch his first real cold when he starts daycare, huh?

***Warning -- kids who still hear The Polar Express bell should not read ahead!*** :-)

We are so excited about Noah's first Christmas! Even though he's not going to know much about what's going on this year, it's just a reminder that it's the first of many wonderful Christmas' to come. I was wrapping presents the other night in the bonus room. Noah was already asleep and I was trying to be quiet in there wrapping so I didn't wake him up. I wrapped one of his presents and wrote TO: Noah FROM: Santa. Wow! We are Santa now! Then I was trying to sneak past his room and bring the presents down to put under the tree. It's so fun to think we'll be doing that every year for a while now and eating cookies and drinking milk, too. :-)

I'm also excited about relaxing in the week ahead. Today is Waylon's last day at work for a while - he's off tomorrow and all next week. I finished all the shopping and wrapping and everything is done. All that is left to do is to relax and enjoy the holiday! And what better way to kick off the relaxing than a massage on Saturday? Waylon and I are going together and getting a couple's massage. We are really looking forward to that. We'll be here in Raleigh for Christmas and hosting our first Christmas dinner. We are so grown up! :-) Waylon's parents, my parents and Waylon's sister and her boyfriend will be coming for dinner. That should be a lot of fun. The day after Christmas we will be heading to my parents' place at Lake Gaston to celebrate with my parents and my sister and brother-in-law.

We are still working on solids and slowly adding different foods. It's fun to see Noah's reaction to new tastes. So far he's only had rice cereal, oatmeal, apples and pears and last night we gave him squash for the first time. He made the most horrible face at first - guess he was expecting a sweet fruit - but he really liked it! He's just like his mom and dad... loves to eat!

Here are some pictures for you to enjoy...

Nana and Grandad feeding Noah

This is after I let him try to feed himself oatmeal! :-) Meeting Santa for the first time - he's a weird lookin' dude!
Crazy-face Noah in his favorite toy :-)

No comments: