Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A few days left!

Just a few more days and Kylie will be here! We are officially in the home stretch! Ever since I found out I was pregnant, I've been concentrating on the next thing coming... a vacation, getting Noah's room ready, another vacation, getting the nursery ready, etc etc etc. This week, the next thing is HER! I can't believe she'll be here in less than 48 hours. Our c-section is scheduled for Thursday at 10 am so keep an eye out for a blog post - hopefully Thursday afternoon!

I'm overwhelmed with emotions this week. Ecstatic, scared, sad, tired, the list goes on and on. Of course I'm so excited that Kylie is coming but the emotions this time around are so much different that with Noah. I'm a little sad that Noah will no longer be the one and only - although I know he's so excited and that they wil be the best of friends. He seems as prepared as he's going to be and actually really looking forward to Kylie's arrival. It's also strange and kind of sad to think that this is most likely the last few days that I'll ever be pregnant! I'm trying very hard to appreciate these last few kicks and pains!

I'm also nervous about the c-section. Even though I know what to expect (kind of), this time, I know it's coming so I'm nervous about having surgery! Not to mention, I'm hoping that they can get me numb enough and I can actually be awake this time around! In the end though, all that matters is a healthy and happy baby and family, so that's all I'm concerned about!

Now for pictures and an update from last weekend....

Noah had a speedy recovery from his Hand Foot and Mouth Disease. It was miserable that first night, the second night was better and by the third night, he was sleeping through the night again. It's been going all around daycare and some kids are just now getting it, so I guess I should just be happy that he got it last week instead of this week. Savannah, Noah's cousin, even has it and there's no way he could passed it to her, we don't think - so I think it's just going around in general.

We had a good mother/son weekend as Waylon had lots of football 'last hurrahs'. I was a little nervous about having to keep up with him all weekend while 9 months pregnant but he was really good all weekend and it was really nice to have some good bonding time before things are going to change a lot for him.

We were together Wednesday, Thursday and Friday morning - mostly stuck around the house trying to relax and recover - but we played outside, ran some errands and had lots of fun. On Friday afternoon, Waylon came home from work early and I took off to the Pineapple Tea Room for a small shower that some of my friends threw for me! It was a last minute surprise and it was so sweet of them to do a little something for us! We also got lots of goodies for Kylie which is always fun....

Me, Anise, Megan, Jennie and Megan

Saturday morning, Waylon took Noah to the grocery store and gave me a little bit of alone time to relax. Afetr we got Noah down for a nap, he headed out for the NC State football game. Noah and I had another nice afternoon close to home and Waylon got home soon after bedtime.

On Sunday morning, Waylon left around 8:45 to head to Charlotte for the Panthers/Redskins game and we had an early playdate with Maddie. Can you belive I took no pictures during a playdate?! They had a good time playing, fighting and loving on each other. We even ended up with a bloody lip from too many kisses! :-) No, actually, Maddie was just loving on Noah, kissing and laying on (it was hilarious) and at one point, she came up and her head bumped into his chin. He must have had his lip between his teeth cause he got a little bloody lip but it was fine.

After Maddie and Frank went home, Noah and I headed over to Bass Lake for what our friends called breakfast - lunch for us! :-) After the meal, Megan took Noah outside to see Dave's motorcycle. Noah loved it! It was so funny.






After nap, we had more playtime at home inside and outside before bedtime. Waylon got home just after bedtime again (after a fun but disappointing game - he couldn't catch a break this weekend with his teams!).
Back to work and school yesterday and now we're here - almost time for Kylie's arrival. Today was my last day of work until January. I'm taking the day off tomorrow to relax, pack, get a pedicure, and have a pre-op appointment at the Birth Center.
Noah was in a good mood again tonight and we caught a few good pictures of one of our last nights as a family of three!
Playing chase with Daddy - one of Noah's favorite games!

And here's one last one of Noah kissing his baby sister.
We can't wait for him to give her REAL kisses!

1 comment:

Evia, Tim, Eli and Cole said...

LOVE the belly kiss shot - so sweet. Robin, thinking of you lots. Will say a prayer for surgery. Can't wait to meet Kylie. Enjoy your day today!!