Monday, January 14, 2008

Swimming, Sniffles, Daycare and Weightloss (for me, not Noah!)

Saturday was our swimming class. It was so much fun to be in the pool with Noah. He really liked it and kicked and splashed around a lot. It was also great to get together with the girls I've made friends with from prenatal yoga and all their little ones. Here are some pictures - thanks to Jacque and Amy's husbands, Kevin and Grant!



Noah and I both have some sniffles. I'm not sure where we caught these colds - maybe just from visiting the daycare last week? Anyway, we assumed he'd might get a cold after the first week at daycare anyway, so maybe we are just getting it a tad bit early. He doesn't seem to be too bothered by it but he sounds so sad when his little nose is so stuffy.

Tomorrow is the big day... Noah starts day care. Yesterday, I was feeling pretty good about it but today I'm pretty emotional. Yesterday, we went and signed up at a new gym and left Noah in the daycare there for about an hour and a half. He did great! They said he got a little fussy twice, but they were able to calm him down pretty easily. Today, I went back for a yoga class and 45 minutes into the class, one of the daycare workers came to get me. They said he wouldn't take his bottle and was pretty fussy. So that experience today has really made me worry about how he's going to do all day tomorrow. I know we'll get through it and he'll get used to it, but I feel so bad that he's going to be so confused about what's going on and why Mommy isn't there with him. Such an emotional roller coaster. It's going to be so hard tomorrow.

Anyway, so we signed up for this new gym... Lifetime Fitness. When I'm there, I feel like I'm in a fancy country club or something! The big draw for me was that they have indoor and outdoor pools. Swimming is my favorite form of exercise and yesterday, I swam over a mile! Not too bad for the first 'real' workout in a long time! It will be nice to have a pool for Noah to play in also - especially in the summer.

I also started back at Weight Watchers last week to get myself back on track foodwise. I'm a lifetime member there and I found out that if you are a lifetime member and you've recently had a baby, you can get a doctor's note saying it could take up to a certain time to get the weight off and they will let you go for free! The best part is that I don't really feel like I'm dieting because I get more points each day because I'm still nursing. So, the goal is to lose 27 lbs by the time Noah is a year old. I'm writing it here, so now I have to do it, right? :-)

On my last day as a full time stay at home mom, I did the ultimate Holly Homemaker thing to do and made baby food! It was actually very easy. I have been planning to do this but had been putting it off. I just did sweet potatos today and it was so easy! Noah taste tested it and he seemed to approve. :-)

Anyway, wish us luck tomorrow! I'll post later in the week and update everyone on how it went. Here's one last picture of how I found Noah after a long nap this morning. :-)

2 comments:

Evia, Tim, Eli and Cole said...

Good luck on your first day of work. It'll be an adjustment but isn't every day now?!
You're bold listing the weight loss. My goals are similar and we'll get there. I'm off to exercise!

Amy Grant, Stella Dot, and Yma said...

How was your first day???

Other comments:

A) Believe it or not, last fall I weighed less than before I had Stella Dot. I'm back to my "normal" size...even with the nursing.

B) I make about 50% of SDS's food from scratch. It is sooo easy. I have a book called "1-2-3 Cook for Me" with lots of simple, simple recipes. She loves applesauce and it truly takes about 15 minutes to make from start to finish. Sweet potatoes, squash, peaches, peas, even blueberries -- I've made them all from scratch. But, I will say that I have jarred food on hand in case she seems bored with sweet potatoes for the third night in a row. Good luck!