Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Great Day!

Just a quick update to let you all know that today went great! I stayed strong for Noah but as soon as I walked out of the door, the tears started to fall (for me, not Noah... he didn't seem to mind at all that we left). I only cried for about 15 minutes on the way to work! :-) Then I had another 25 minutes to get myself together (only 40 minutes from the day care to work in RTP... not too shabby!). I called to check in around 10:45 and they said he was doing great and had already taken an hour long nap. That's more than he does at home sometimes! The rest of the day was great for him, too. He ate well for them and napped three times throughout the day. I was able to leave work around 3:30 to go get him. He was very happy to be home and was laughing and smiling at me, Waylon and Seger. He was very tired tonight and should sleep well. He couldn't even keep his eyes open for his bedtime story! Now the big test will be to see if he remembers that I left him at the day care. I'll really be upset if he cries when I leave him tomorrow.

My job is great, too. Today was mostly training and orientation but everyone is so nice and the work seems like it's going to be great! Luckily, I won't have much of a learning curve because I'll be doing exactly what I was doing at my old job. My workdays are going to be 8:30-4:00 so that's perfect! I'll be able to beat the traffic on the drive home and get Noah a little early which will be nice.

So, it was a great day - besides one thing... Waylon got in a fender bender on the way home. Someone rear-ended him, so that was a bummer but there's not much damage and most importantly, no one was hurt.

Here's a great picture of Noah giggling with Daddy tonight. Noah looks like such a little pudge-ball here! :-)

No comments: