Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Last weekend


That's right, two posts in a week! Look at me go! :-) I wanted to get caught up through last weekend before we had another weekend full of photos.

So, last Friday night, we met Janet, Frank, Maddie and Mason out to dinner. It was fun and crazy as usual. Saturday morning was soccer and this week, Nana and Grandaddy met us there. Noah was so excited to show them what he does and even came out a few times to explain what he was doing! :-) It was fun. We also caught up with Aiden and his family so that was fun. After soccer, we went to the mall to play and shop a bit before naptime.

No trip to Cary Towne is complete without a carousel ride!

We did early naps for the kids cause at 2:00, it was time to head over to Megan, Jason and Ryan's house for Ryan's first birthday! We can hardly believe it's already been a year!


It was a nice day so there was lots of outdoor play. Kylie tried her hand at ladderball. :-)


Noah met some new "best friends" as he said! :-)


Here, Kylie plays with one of Ryan's cousins, Jack

A self portrait for Mommy and Noah - I don't get in many pictures these days! :-)

Present time. Noah was really excited about Ryan opening our present and kept helping Ryan and Megan. :-)

Kylie checking out the new toys with another of Ryan's cousins, Beau

Ryan on his new ride on toy!

Cake time!

Just getting started...

.... and that's that! :-)

I managed to catch this hilarious picture of Megan playing peek-a-boo with Ryan. :-)

Noah and Ryan's cousins, Beau and Elise, with a very popular toy :-)

We were about to go and Noah was throwing a fit about riding the new toy before he went. We were about to make him go when Megan's dad told us that he'd been helping him put it together and that we had to stay and let him! :-) So he was the first to ride Ryan's new toy. HA.

Sunday morning, Savannah came over to play. Another beautiful day - this time the high was almost 80 degrees in the afternoon!! We took a walk down to the playground and had some fun.



They stayed for lunch and then it was naps for the kids and I took off to get a pedicure with my friend Jenn - nice weather means nice toes! :-) When I got back, it was too nice to stay inside, so we took off to the park to meet Janet, Maddie and Mason. I didn't have my camera with me out there so I didn't get any pictures but it was lots of fun! When we got home, Noah helped me make pizza for dinner. What a nice weekend!

Monday morning, my friend (since 3rd grade), Keri came over to play with her 4 - yes, 4! - kids. Lydia is 9 months older than Noah and her triplet girls - Abigail, Bethany and Phoebe - are 10 months older than Kylie. So fun! We haven't gotten together with them in a long time but when we do, it's a little surreal since we grew up together and now we are both moms. We'll be much closer to them when we move so we hope to see them more often from now on.

Noah and Lydia

The 'little' girls. :-)

I managed to get them all in one shot! It was a busy house that morning. :-)

Right before they left, Noah was "reading" to Lydia. He got to the last page and said, 'The End' and she said, 'No! PLEASE keep reading' It was so sweet.


They left around 12:30 or so and I didn't want to just throw Kylie in the bed so we turned on a show before nap. I went in the kitchen to pick up a bit and when I came back to see if Kylie was ready for nap, I found this!!!! It was hilarious and so sweet! :-)
That afternoon, Waylon came home early and I went to a career expo which went well and yesterday while they were in school, I met with a staffing agency so the job search is definitely underway. We'll see what happens!

Kylie was sent home a little early yesterday afternoon with a fever but seems fine this morning so we're not sure what was up with that. I actually made an appointment with the doctor last night since she'd had a pretty bad runny nose for the past 4 days or so but of course she woke up seemingly fine this morning and has hardly had a runny nose at all today! We still went to the doc just to check her out and all was fine - she still has never had an ear infection in her life! Pretty crazy. Perfect timing cause the kids just woke up from nap. Today is another nice day so I think we are going to head outside now!

No comments: