Sunday, November 1, 2009

Feeling better and Halloween Festivities!!

Last week was rough not having Waylon around for a few days but luckily, it landed on the days when Noah was in school and my mom was also here to help out. He came home on Wednesday afternoon and we were all very happy to have him home and feeling better!



I was also fighting a pretty bad cough (Waylon and I both still have that but it's getting better) and my mom was fighting a cold that turned into pink eye!! She made a trip to the Urgent Care also and got that under control quickly - I think we kept them in business last week!! :-) Waylon finally went back to work on Thursday after two weeks out so he was glad to get back in a routine, I think.
Noah had a Halloween Parade and Sing-along at his school on Thursday morning, so my mom and I got both kids ready and loaded up to get to his school by 9:15. It was so adorable to watch the parade. Noah had the best time showing off his costume and somehow managed to get front and center during the sing along! :-)

Dressed and ready to go!


With Maddie in his classroom

Parading!


Noah with his best buds - Stella Dot and Maddie


Sing along time




That afetrnoon, Kylie and I headed to her two week appointment while my mom stayed at home while Noah napped. She had gained a whopping 1 lb and 2 oz in a week! Crazy. She was 9 lbs, 3 oz on Thursday and I'm positive she's gained more since then. I'm pretty sure she's been going through her 3 week growth sprut over the past few days... she's wanting to eat more often and she's been up 3 times a night instead of 2. I'm hoping she'll get back to 2 soon!! :-)
Anyway, after the appointment, we loaded in the car again (a busy day!) to head to the airport to pick up Papa who came back to keep Grammy company on the drive home. After we got him, we went to the observation area at the airport to watch the planes take off and land. Noah had a good time running around and watching the planes...





Friday was a more low key day which started with Kylie's first 'real' bath - her umbilical cord fell off last week (a lot quicker than Noah's which took almost 6 weeks, I think!!)...


She wasn't thrilled at first. This picture makes me laugh... :-)




We also decided to make rice crispie treats... here's how Noah 'helped'...



Friday night, we ventured out for our first family dinner out (although we still had my parents with us so we had extra hands!). Kylie was actually awake the whole time and did great and Noah was pretty good, too. It was really nice to get out. After we got home, my parents stayed for Noah's bedtime and then headed back to the lake. My mom had been away from home for 2 1/2 weeks so she was ready to get back!!
Saturday was our first day getting into our new 'normal' as a family of 4! It was a nice weekend. In the morning, we painted a pumpkin to put on our front porch for Halloween.





And Saturday night was, of course, Halloween!! Noah had the best time trick-or-treating. Kylie on the other hand was a little fussy so I had to stop halfway through to bring her home and feed her (and she still didn't calm down a whole lot after that) but we still had a blast. Guess we have to get used to things not going exactly as planned, huh?? :-)
Anwyay, we walked around the neighborhood with Madde, Mason, Janet, and Frank and Nana and Grandad came to watch the festivities also! Maddie and Noah had so much fun and it was great to introduce Kylie to all the neighbors while we were out.
Noah and Kylie ready to go!

Kylie, Noah, Maddie and Mason - adorable!!


Trick or Treating at Mo and Gail's


Notice the candy in hand!
The lollypop worked well for Noah cause it lasted almost the entire time! :-)


Checking out a neighbor's inflatable pumpkin.

Yesterday was a long day because of the time change but we filled it up with playdates. Stella Dot came over to play in the morning and Savannah came over in the afternoon. Noah had a really good day and was a good boy!
Today, Waylon is at work and Noah is at school so it's just us girls at home. It's my first full day home alone with Kylie. So far, it's been pretty good (except for this growth spurt so I feel like all I do is feed her!!). Thursday and Friday will be the true test when I'm home with both kids all day by myself!! :-)
Hope everyone has a great week! We are looking forward to getting Kylie out in public more and getting to see more people! In the meantime, come visit when you can!! :-)

No comments: