Monday, November 16, 2009

A Crazy Week!!

Well, Monday started off with Waylon feeling even worse than he did on Sunday. His temperature kept going up and up and he finally went to the doctor on Tuesday morning. The diagnosis?... Pneumonia!! Can you believe it? He says he never felt fully better after the first sickness but it was hard for him to determine if he was still sick or if he was just tired from having a newborn! The doctor gave him antibiotics and steroids to get over it and now he's feeling much better. I'm hoping we all can stay healthy for a while now but I have a feeling it's going to be a rough winter for everyone.

Since last Wednesday was Veteran's Day, Noah's daycare was closed, so we had two playdates to keep us entertained - Maddie in the morning and Savannah in the afternoon. It was nice to have activities and it made the day go by quicker.

Lollypops with Maddie



Thursday on the other hand, was a looooong day. t was rainy, I had no activites planned and by about 4:00, I was done! That evening turned out to be kinda rough, too so it was just a hard day all around. I did however take both kids out alone for the first time! It was just a quick trip to get Noah's hair cut but it went very well!
Friday morning, Kylie was smiling at me a bunch and I caught this little one on camera...



Later on Friday, we loaded up and went to the mall with Janet and Mason. We just walked around, played in the play area and had lunch. It was another nasty day so it was nice to get out. I took our new double stroller but Noah walked most of the time. He was really good and stayed right with us! I think he's really embracing this big brother thing.



Saturday, Waylon decided to stay home from the NC State football game (wow!) - he said it was because he wanted to make sure he was over the pneumonia but I think he felt bad for me! :-) It was nice to be home together all day. That morning, Waylon did some work on the car while Noah painted out in the garage (that is until Noah decided he needed to help with the car)...



While they were outside, I got a little artsy with taking some pictures of Kylie... :-)



....which sparked me to call and finally make an appointment to get some professional pictures taken. I called Portrait Innovations and they actually had some appointments available on Sunday morning. We got some great shots and I'll post some in another post soon.
Sunday afternoon, Nana and Grandad came over to visit for a short time and I got this really great shot...



Today was back to school and work for Noah and Waylon and Kylie has just been smiling at me all day! I caught a few more on camera.



As I type, Kylie is fussing with Waylon. We have been working out this evening/nighttime thing over the past few nights. She's always been fussy in the evenings but she had been sleeping pretty well at night - only waking up for feedings. Well, the past few nights, she's been waking up in between feedings, so we are getting pretty tired! We just have to figure each other out still -- we'll get it one of these days (course then something else will change, right? - that's how it works, you think you get in a routine and then everything changes). :-)
Better go take my turn with her!

1 comment:

Evia, Tim, Eli and Cole said...

Love the picture with Nana. Keep looking at these smiling shots and remember how cute Kylie is when you're tired. We tell Eli & Cole all the time that it's a good thing they're cute b/c when we get close to the end of our rope, they'll smile or do something sweet and that takes some points off our frustration.