Friday, November 28, 2008

A Great Thanksgiving

We had a fabulous Thanksgiving and I hope you all did, too!



We had my parents, Waylon's parents and Andrea (Waylon's sister), Sean, and Savannah over to our house. My dad and I (mostly my dad!) made the 'staples' - turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and gravy - and everyone else brought a side or dessert to add to the mix. It was so yummy and such a fun day!

Pictures....

Noah sitting in his toy basket on Thanksgiving morning.

Waving to Santa on TV at the end of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade!


This is Noah's new thing - if you ask him a question and he doesn't know the answer, he makes this gesture. It's too cute!! :-)
Hanging out with Nana and Grandad after a very short nap.
He didn't want to miss the party!
Dressed and ready!
Teaching me everything he knows about cooking a turkey! :-)

I had fun getting the table ready... I even made little nametags! :-)
I know, I'm a dork.
The spread
Sweet Savannah
Playing with the Grandmas!
Andrea and Sean

Hey Savannah!
Giving the polar bear a kiss - Waylon got this bear from a gift exchange at work, it sings a Christmas song and Noah loves it!
Waylon and I relaxing after a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Today was nice, too... this morning, we went to my aunt and uncle's house to visit with them and my cousins. I wish I had gotten some pictures there but I didn't. Noah fell asleep in the car on the way home (after eating a leftover turkey sandwich, of course!) and ended up sleeping for over 3 hours! He was in such a great mood tonight after that long nap. We ran out to a few stores after he woke up and had a great dinner out - just at Red Robin but Noah was so happy and pleasant so it made fora great dinner!

Tonight, Waylon and I enjoyed some leftover wine and watched a movie. Tomorrow, I'm going to join Waylon in watching the last State game of the season while his parents babysit Noah for most of the day. Should be a fun 'date day' for us! :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Us dorks have to stick together! I used my cloth napkins on Thanksgiving, so I looked up online how to fold them all fancy like :) If paying attention to detail makes us dorks, then so be it! Glad you had a nice Holiday. Alexis turns 1 tomorrow...can you believe it?!?! Maybe I'll start a blog to commemorate her 1st birthday ;-)

Unknown said...

Hopefully it's not the last game of the season if we make it into a bowl game!! Glad you guys had a great Thanksgiving... love the pictures!