Sunday, November 9, 2008

Weekly Update

We had a great weekend yet again but before I go into that, I have to finish updating about last weekend! Last Sunday, we went over to Waylon's parents' house for most of the afternoon. We brought Noah and Savannah's Halloween costumes to get a picture of them together... they both were monkeys - we had no idea when we bought the costumes! They were so cute!!


2 Little Monkeys jumping on the... couch.

Aunt Andrea and Cousin Savannah

This week was a good week... pretty routine except that on Monday we brought Maddie home from school with us since Frank was out of town. They had a great time and Noah always loves riding in the car with his friends!


On Saturday, I went to Greensboro for my friend Jessica's baby shower. I left early and Jess and I went to get manicures and pedicures before the shower. It was so nice to spend some good quality time with her! The shower was so fun, too. Jessica's 3 friends went all out with great food, great decorations and great games. She is very lucky to have such a great network of friends so close by!



Don't think there is any need to explain how these two are related! :-)
Jessica's friends' babies - so cute!!

I got back into town around 6:00 - just in time to hang out with Noah for about an hour before bedtime. Waylon and Noah had a nice father/son day together...they don't get much alone time - without me anyway! :-) They went to walk around the mall in the morning and then went to Lake Johnson in the afternoon. I think they both really enjoyed it.

Yesterday morning Noah and I met Amy and Stella Dot at North Cary Park. It was lots of fun. They have a great slide - it's huge. Both kiddos were having the best time but Stella Dot was so into the slide and climbing all over the place... Noah could hardly keep up! See Stella Dot's blog for some good pics of the slide. We weren't able to get a good picture of Noah going down the slide because he went so fast!! I think the combination of his corduroy overalls and his overall size made him go a lot faster than Stella Dot! :-)


Too much fun!
Sunday afternoon was a quiet one - we just stayed home and played around the house... very nice!


This Wednesday, I'm taking Noah for his first airplane ride! We are going to MD this weekend for a get together with my dad's family on Saturday and another Redskins game on Sunday. Since I'm off Thursday and Friday, we decided that Noah and I would fly up on Wednesday night and then Waylon will drive up on Friday. I'm nervous about flying with a 16 month old but it's only an hour so hopefully it will be okay. :-)



Have a great week!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like Jessica's shower went well! I'm sure the boys enjoyed their time together :) I just wanted to mention that we took my nephew on an airplane when he was 10 months old. He cried a little because of his ears but did better when he had a bottle. It might be tough to keep him in one seat for the entire flight but at least it's only one hour!!