Sunday, October 26, 2008

I wonder how many of my posts are entitled 'Fun Weekend'?

... but it was another fun one for sure!!

First of all, the drive home from MD on Monday was fairly uneventful, so that was good. I worked Tues, Wed, and Thurs to make up for the Monday off. On Thursday night, I met Andrea (Savannah's mom and my sister-in-law), Amy (Stella Dot's mom), and Janet (Maddie's mom) for a Mom's Night Out at the Melting Pot. That was so much fun. It's so important to spend time with other mothers to know you aren't alone!! I took my camera but forgot to get a picture! Darn.

Last week, I had an email from my friend Nicole from San Diego saying she was coming into town for a wedding and had some free time on Friday morning! I knew she was coming sometime in October but wasn't sure she'd have time to play and also had forgotten which weekend it was. So it was a nice surprise. Since she only had a few hours, we decided to meet at Marbles Museum in downtown Raleigh. I'd been wanting to try it out for a while now and it was a great opportunity! They had some great interactive exhibits perfect for little hands and Noah had the best time trying everything. Then we met Waylon for lunch and Nicole was on her way. It was a quick visit with her but was so nice to see her twice in just a few months (she was here back in August for the bachelorette party and stayed with us a couple of nights). Here are a few shots from the museum. We will definitely be going back there soon!




Friday afternoon was a day of cleaning and laundry and catch-up around the house. We hadn't been home in two weekends, so it was so nice to get some things taken care of. On Friday night, we decided to go out to dinner and called Amy to see if they wanted to meet us. They did and we had a great time! Noah just thought it was the funniest thing that Stella Dot was at the table with him and even gave her a total 'I Love You' look.... it was not reciprocated! :-) Here is a shot of what Noah wanted to look at while we were waiting for them outside the restaurant.... SURPRISE - something with wheels! :-)


On Saturday morning, we met a big crew out at the Farmer's Market for breakfast. Some of Uncle Sean's family came into town to meet Savannah for the first time - his mom, sister, and two nieces. It was so nice to meet all of them! Nana and Grandad were there, too of course!




While we were at breakfast, we had a huge surprise! Sidney Lowe and Monte Towe - the NC State basketball coach and assistant coach - showed up with some other assistant coaches and a student who has recently committed to playing for State. They sat at the table next to us, so Waylon's mom took the plunge and went to say hello. She introduced him to Waylon and Sidney thought it was so cool that Waylon had a Redskin's sweatshirt on. He even brought another guy (Pete Strickland) back to tell him that Waylon was a State fan AND a Redskins fan! That was pretty cool.

Noah loved the tractor that was out front of the restaurant. We could barely pry him off when it was time to go...



We had planned to go to a pumpkin patch after breakfast but it was raining, so we decided to just check out the Farmer's Market instead. Noah had the best time walking around there. He just laughed and laughed when we first walked in. He picked out a pumpkin and we got some fresh veggies and fruit, too.



After we got home, during nap time, I met my friend Anise for a pedicure... what a treat! Saturday evening, it was back out again to Andrea and Sean's house for a great dinner. We decided to let Noah stay up a little late so we didn't leave until 8:30. We just put him in his PJs and let him fall asleep on the way home. It was nice to be out past 7:00 with him!! :-)




Today was a great day. I got up with Noah yesterday and let Waylon sleep in a little, so he let me sleep in today. I definitely got the better deal on that one! I slept until 8:45 and then Waylon took Noah and went to the grocery store while I just lazed on the couch. At first it was hard to relax... I felt guilty doing absolutely nothing but it was sooo nice! I hadn't done that in forever.

This afternoon, we took Noah and went running at Lake Johnson! I don't think I've mentioned on here that Andrea has talked me into running a 5K in December. I wasn't quite sure if I'd be able to do it but I'm starting to feel some confidence!! :-) Most of you know that I am not a runner.... at all.... but Andrea found us a training program and I have now worked my way up to 1.75 miles! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and I should be able to run 3 by Dec. 6th.

The rest of the day today, we just relaxed and played in and around the house. Travelling is so much fun but it sure is nice to be home, too!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How cool that you met and got a picture with Couch Lowe!! I'm sure that made Waylon's day!!

I have recently started back on the running path too. If you want someone to run with sometime just let me know. I'm always looking for other people to encourage me to get my workout done!

Jessica said...

Yay you are running! Maybe next year you can run a 1/2 marathon with me :)

Anonymous said...

Look I am famous! Thanks for hanging out with me and for sharing Noah too. I had so much fun and as alwasy El Rodeo never dissapoints.
:) Nicole