Saturday, September 20, 2008

Bye Bye Beach and Haircut

A quick synopsis of the end of the beach trip....

Wednesday - a semi-quiet day. It was a little cool, so we decided to ride around looking at house possibilities for next year's trip. Noah quickly let us know that wasn't what he wanted to do, so we turned around and my parents dropped us off back at the condo and went on without us. We tried to go swimming but it was too cold, so we just went back to the condo and had a quiet morning. I decided to clean up a little and Noah was a happy helper. I found this Noah-sized broom and he must have played with this for 45 minutes!! His dad is proud! :-)



After Noah's nap (which was not very substantial), we went out to the beach. It was a little cool but perfect if we weren't getting in the water. Noah was pretty mellow since he hadn't slept much that afternoon and actually snuggled with me a bit on the beach... that was so nice.



After Noah went to bed on Wednesday night, my dad stayed back with Noah and my mom and I went to a movie!! What a treat! It was so funny though.... we were the only two people in the entire theater - not just our movie either - the ENTIRE theater!!

Thursday was a fun morning on the beach - perfect weather - sunny but not too hot. Noah took a very long nap which was great. I actually spent some relaxing time at the pool! In the afternoon, we went back to the pool and played with Noah's new friend Delany again.




On Friday morning, we played for a short while just to say bye bye to the beach... Noah decided to rest a little while we were out there! :-) We took some video, too I'll have to try to get some of those uploaded here soon.


We stayed until lunchtime and had lunch at a little pizza place before we left town. We got home around 3:30 yesterday and Waylon was very happy to see us!

Today, Noah and I went out to tailgate with Waylon for the NCSU/ECU game. They had all sorts of yummy breakfast foods! We left before the game started and came home for a nap but the game was a good one!!

After the game, Noah and I met Waylon at Sports Clips to get his first haircut!!! The curls were so cute but they were starting to get a little out of control. It had gotten to the point where I had to style his hair!! I'd been ready to get it cut for a while but Waylon kept putting me off... he finally (reluctantly) agreed so we did it. I started to have second thoughts as we were driving there and I'm already feeling nostalgic about the curls - especially when I look at pictures! :-) I'm glad we did it though... he's now a little boy and he definitely looks like it now!


Before

After
He did great with the haircut, too! He just sat patiently in the chair, although he looked a little concerned about what was going on.

After the haircut, we had to show off the hair, so we went over to Andrea and Sean's to visit with them, Savannah, Nana and Grandad, and Uncle Royal. It was so fun! We had dinner over there and got Noah ready for bed before we came home. I can't believe it but my camera battery died while we were there, so I couldn't get any pictures there!!! I was so bummed. Savannah has changed so much since we last saw her... check out her blog linked to the right!

So, back to reality soon. It's going to be interesting taking Noah back to school next week. He's going to be confused when we drop him off! All this vacation and attention has been so much fun for him!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time on your beach trip! His curls were so darling but his new hair cut looks very good. He's a little man now!!