Saturday, June 14, 2008

Craziness

Well, it sure has been an interesting week!! The past few days have been crazy. I was supposed to have a busy day yesterday and today but the bug Noah brought home from daycare thwarted that! Let me start from the beginning...


All last week, Noah hadn't been sleeping well and we were answering his cries because we figured he was in pain... either from his surgery, his molars coming in, or a cold he seemed to have caught. On Sunday afternoon, he started showing the typical pink eye symptoms, so I took him to the doctor on Monday. The doc confirmed he had pink eye but said his ears looked perfect (thank goodness!!) and said he didn't think his teeth were hurting him at all. He took a tounge depressor and knocked around on his teeth and Noah didn't even flinch. The doc said he thought Noah was just 'jerking us around' at night! :-) So on Monday night, we started sleep training again. That night was pretty bad but Tuesday he only woke up once. By Wednesday, I heard one little whimper at 5AM but that was it. When we went in to wake him up on Thursday morning, he had thrown up in his crib!! :-( We thought maybe he had just eaten too much or something and went ahead and got him ready for school. When I was pulling into the daycare parking lot, he graced the car with two more presents. So I went in, got him cleaned up and went straight home.
Here's a few shots from Thursday... doesn't he look so sick! He's just amazing. :-)
By Friday morning, Noah seemed to be feeling much better but then it was my turn. I was sick all morning and by lunchtime, I could barely even watch Noah drink his milk, it was making me so nauseous, so I called Waylon and asked him to come home. When he got home, I went straight to bed for 2 1/2 hours and while I was down, the sickness hit Waylon. The big disappointment was that we had big plans for Friday and Saturday! Waylon's mom was supposed to come over to babysit on Friday and I was going to get my hair done and run a bunch of errands to prepare for Andrea's baby shower that Kay and I were supposed to be hosting at our house! We all decided it would be much better to change the venue, so last minute, we called all the guests and switched it to Kay's house.
Luckily, I felt much better this morning and was still able to go to the shower but Waylon was still feeling bad today (he has a bad cold now, too!!), so I took Noah to the shower with me and let Waylon relax some. The shower was beautiful and perfect at Kay's house and Andrea is such a glowing mother-to-be. We can't wait to meet Savannah!

So now the fun news... we have lots of fun times coming up!!! We ordered a new living room set and that's being delivered on Monday! Then on Thursday morning, we are leaving for our vacation to the Dominican Republic!! We are so excited about that. After we get home, we are having our deck screened in and extended. Then it will be time for Noah's 1st birthday!! We also have a big summer planned with lots of fun trips, so we are so excited. Stay tuned for lots of pictures this summer!

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST!!.....

Noah took a few steps on his own tonight!!!! He's been exploring with standing on his own and actually took a few steps from me to Waylon. It was so awesome!! I keep thinking we'll get home from our vacation, and he'll be toddling all over the house... wouldn't that be something? :-)

1 comment:

Evia, Tim, Eli and Cole said...

Noah is getting so big and he has changed so much! Hope everyone is feeling better today. And Robin, you look great and will be knocking Waylon's socks off on your vacation! Have fun for all of us!!