Monday, May 19, 2008

Weekend Away and Medical Update

This past weekend, I went away for Girls' Weekend at the lake! It was great. We had lots of good food and drinks, beautiful weather and girlie movies. :-) I was nervous about missing Noah too much but I really enjoyed myself!! At first, it was strange to try to just relax and not think about diapers or feedings or other baby stuff but I quickly got used to it and enjoyed my time 'off'. Waylon did great with Noah all weekend and they seemed to have a lot of fun together. This was my practice run for leaving in June for 5 nights to the Dominican Republic and it was great! I was already excited about the trip but now even more so!

Some pics from the weekend...






An update on Noah's medical issues. Basically, we aren't sure what is/has been going on with him but it could be many different things. After he started on antibiotics and spiked a 103 fever on Mother's day, the fever went down a little but not enough over the next few days. When he still had a significant fever on Tuesday, we took him back to the pediatrician and they gave him a shot of antibiotics and also switched the oral antibiocs he'd been on. Along with the fever, he hadn't been too interested in his bottle which we have blamed on either the ear infections... or the 4 molars coming in... or a virus that's been going around the daycare. Who knows! On top of all that, he's pulling up on everything these days so when he wakes up at night, he stands right up in the crib and then gets frustrated. He knows how to sit down but I think in the middle of the night, he just gets confused or something! :-) He's been doing better recently, so I think the ear infections are doing better as of now and I'm pretty sure most of the problems are the teeth. So we called the ENT last week and we are now scheduled for surgery on June 3rd.

Here are a few shots of Noah after I got home from the lake. I know I shouldn't have been encouraging this but it was so cute....



This weekend we are heading back to the lake for Memorial Day weekend. This time, Waylon Noah and I will be meeting my parents. I'm excited to go back so soon!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad the girls had a good weekend! I hate that I had to miss it but hopefully next time I can join ya'll. On a side note, it seems that a large amount of people that I talk to with children the same age are also having ear problems so you are not alone. I hope the surgery helps him!

Evia, Tim, Eli and Cole said...

Glad you had a fun girls' weekend. We'll be thinking about Noah as he goes into surgery. Hopefully it will take care of the ear issues. Keep us posted!