Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy (and Sad) Mother's Day

Well, it's been a rough few days around here and I've kinda been avoiding writing about this on here. Last Tuesday night, my Gramma took a turn for the worse and she passed away on Thursday morning. Although she's been through a lot in the past year or so, it still came as a shock and happened so quick (which really was a good thing for her). At 88, she lived a very full life, and I'm so grateful that Noah was able to know her for 10 months. I'm going to miss her so much.

So yesterday we went to Albemarle for a long sad day. Noah did great but we could tell he was a little off. Before we got ready to leave, we took his temp and it was up to 102.6. This morning we took him back to the doctor and guess what? Yup, ear infections are back. As a side note, we went to the ENT on Thursday and he told us Noah was definitely a candidate for tubes but recommended that we wait another month and see if they clear for the summer. Well, obviously that's not going to happen because only 4 days later, they are back - and with a vengeance this time. The doc this morning put him back on antibiotics again and we'll be calling the ENT this week to set up the tube process. Tonight, his fever spiked to 103.1, so we are on watch tonight to try to keep it down. I hope the antibiotics will kick in soon and help him feel better. This is the worst one so far.

I love you Mom, but I don't feel well!!
On top of all that, I also have a pretty nasty cold and sliced my finger while cleaning a knife tonight. Okay, enough of my whining.

Now, the happy part of Mother's Day.... Waylon and Noah each got me a card and they also got me a double sided picture frame with a picture of Noah on one side and a clay imprint of his footprints on the other! It's so adorable and will be a great keepsake. I love it!


Hope you all had a fabulous Mother's Day today.



Waving to his doggie


Here's a video of nap time (last week when he was feeling well)....

2 comments:

Brad said...

Happy Mothers Day!

- Brad, Tia and Maya

Evia, Tim, Eli and Cole said...

Oh Robin, so sorry to hear about your Grandmother. She will always be in your heart and think of the happiness Noah brought her!