Thursday, May 29, 2008

I got in trouble again....

Jackie once again gently reminded me that I haven't written in a while! :-) Updating the blog has been on my list of things to do but it's funny how that list just gets longer and longer these days. Noah is so busy, it's so hard to get things done and when he's finally in bed, we are exhausted!

The holiday weekend was great. We went back to the lake and hung out with my parents. We were at their new place up there and it's so nice... lots more room and a great lake view! (By the way, if anyone is looking to buy a place at Lake Gaston, let me know... they are still trying to sell their other place - that one is great, too!
Anyway, Noah is still not into the boat at all. He doesn't like the life jacket and I think the rocking scares him a little, too. All he wants to do is cling to someone then fall asleep. At one point, he grabbed onto a pole and didn't want to let go. When I tried to move him, he whined until I put him back next to it so he could hold on. It was really cute. He'll love it one day!


So, most of the weekend we just relaxed and ate... a lot! My dad made "mass quantities of food" as he likes to say and it was all so yummy! I couldn't believe I actually lost weight at my Weight Watchers weigh in this week (okay it was only 0.2 lbs, but still!) :-) (by the way, it's slowly but surely coming off... 8.6 lbs to get back to wedding weight).
Waylon and I took a few hours alone on the lake one morning, packed a lunch and took a few beers out and just parked the boat and relaxed. That was really nice. Those moments are really becoming precious the more and more 'busy' Noah gets.
My mom had gotten Noah his own porch chair and although he's still a little too small to sit in it, he found another use for it. He pushed it around all weekend and by the end of the weekend was practically running behind it all over the porch. He's now 'cruising' with ease.

He's also learned to hug in the past week or so. He now will wrap his arms around your neck and lay his head on your shoulder. It's the best feeling in the world. Especially when he does it when I pick him up from daycare in the afternoons!

The last shot from the weekend... yet again, I couldn't resist and didn't stop him from doing this.What a great weekend!! Thanks, Grammy and Papa!

This morning, we had our pre-op apppointment with the ENT. It was mainly a lot of paperwork and information. Noah of course does not have ear infections right now... right when we are about to do the surgery (he did still have a little fluid in one ear and negative pressure in the other). The doc still thought it was a good idea to go ahead and get it done, so we are on for surgery on Tuesday. I'm nervous, but from what they say, it's really no big deal and he will be in and out very quickly, so hopefully I won't have too much time to worry before we are back with him again.

Here are a few more pics from the weekend....

Wearing Mommy's headband... silly boy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He he...apparently I'm not busy enough if I'm always looking for new blogs :) I know you're busy, but please, lets try to keep up so I have something to read ;-) I'm sure once Alexis is on the move I'll have less time to "play" at the computer. Boy with all this time on my hands, I should start a blog ;-) As for pics of Alexis, the newest ones are on my myspace. I'll email some after this weekend....she's being baptized.

Amy Grant, Stella Dot, and Yma said...

Adorable! It's only a matter of time until he's walking. Guess who started tonight!??

Brad said...

We are thinking of taking Maya in the canoe next weekend (if we can find the time!). I wonder how that will go??

Good luck with the surgery and I hope it helps out!