Wednesday, April 2, 2008

No More Breastfeeding.

Well, Noah is officially weaned as of today. It just kinda happened... which is I guess the way it should happen, right?

I had planned to have him weaned by the beginning of June since he'd be 11 months by then and that would give him a few weeks to be fully on formula before we went on our vacation. So we had already slowly taken away the day feedings because he was becoming too 'busy' anyway... and with those 6 teeth... not much fun for mom! :-) Well, the other morning, he was unhappy when I was feeding him and it became obvious he wasn't getting much from me. So we decided to get rid of that morning feeding and just stick with the one night feeding, but then last night after I fed him at bedtime, he woke up a few times and we were concerned that he didn't get enough again. So as of today, we decided to just go full formula.

My original 'goal' was to make it to 6 months, so I'm glad I was able to get to that point. I was hoping to make it a little longer but this seems to be the natural progression for us and he seems okay with it, too. I'll have much more flexibility now, so that will be nice. It is a little bittersweet though. It kind of feels like the first big 'growing up' step.

And speaking of growing up.... Happy 9 month Birthday, Noah (today)!

4 comments:

Amy Grant, Stella Dot, and Yma said...

Happy Birthday! I'm interested in the weaning because I'm planning on starting in May. My milk is beginning to dry up, but I'm still able to pull nearly all the milk I need each day, supplementing two or three bottles a week from our frozen stash.

Yesterday at day care, Noah was bouncing around like a mad man. A cute little mad man. :)

Kira Fuller said...

Hi Robin - Just thought I'd say "Hey". I enjoy keeping up with your blog and hearing from your Mom how you guys are doing. Noah is SOOO cute and boy he's starting to get busy! Before you know it he'll be climbing on the furniture like Austin is now! It's really scaring us!!!

Kira

P.S. I LOVE your haircut and enjoy that vacation!!!

Evia, Tim, Eli and Cole said...

Happy Birthday Noah! You're growing so fast. Robin, congrats on the breastfeeding - you've given him a great start to his life.

Anonymous said...

Kudos on making it to 9 months with the breastfeeding! I'm like you, I'm hoping to make it to at least 6 months. Alexis had her 4 month check up the other day....again, she's in the 95th percentile for height and 50th for weight. That's my girl - long and lean! :)

Happy Birthday to Noah!