Tuesday, October 2, 2007

I'M FREE!!

Yesterday was my first day back to work after maternity leave... and I quit! :-) I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Waylon and I decided it is best for our new expanded family for me to stay home with Noah for a little while. The plan is to get through the holidays and re-evaluate at that point. If I do decide to look for a new job at that point, I will be looking for something part time. I'm really excited!

So, I worked yesterday and today for a little while and I'll go in next Monday and Tuesday for a few hours to train a few people and then I'm done!! It's crazy and kinda scary. I think the last time I was unemployed was when I was 13 years old! :-) I started working at the pool snack bar when I was 14! Of course that was just during the summers but still! And I wouldn't necessarily call this unemployed either... I'm going from a paid 8 hour day (if that!) to an unpaid 13 hour day (plus I'm on call all the time!). :-) I couldn't be happier though.

So, today is Noah's 3 month old birthday and he's already been to two weddings! Last weekend was Jill and Dan's wedding in Maryland. Jill is a good family friend - more like a cousin! It was such a fun wedding. Noah did make an appearance at the beginning of the reception and was a perfect angel! My friends Ali, Andrew, and Jessica babysat for Noah during the ceremony and the second half of the reception. Here's a family photo from the wedding:



We also got to see Jan, Charlie, Jimbo, Joe, and Danny last weekend... more famiy friends who are more like family. It was so nice to spend time with them and for Noah to meet them all.

The trip home from MD... not so fun. It took us 9 hours to drive what normally takes 5. We hit traffic from an accident around 1:00 and decided at that point to stop, feed Noah and have a sit down lunch so he could strech a little and be out of the carseat. We figured by the time we got back on the road the accident would be cleared. We were stopped for about 1 1/2 hours but including that time, we went 37 miles in 4 hours!! Crazy. We were happy to be home Sunday night!

Here are a few more good shots from the weekend....


No comments: