Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Julie and Peter's Wedding

Because the kids were still at the lake with my parents, Friday morning, Waylon and I had a nice relaxing morning and even went to a yummy breakfast all alone!  Then I met Julie, Mandy and Julie's aunt at a nail salon to have our nails done.  The start of another fun wedding weekend (this experience was much different than Leah's though!).  :-)

Love my Julie!

Julie and Mandy
My parents and the kids arrived that afternoon and after some playtime, we got ready to go to the rehearsal.



Pre-rehearsal, with 3 of the 4, yes 4!, kids in the wedding!  :-)

Noah and Kylie practicing their part
Julie and her Dad, Jack

Practice makes perfect, right?

Post rehearsal silliness

With Sophie, Julie's friend Veronika's daughter
Bride and Bridesmaids

The rehearsal dinner was very nice - I didn't get any pictures there though!  The kids came with us for a while and Julie gave them each an ornament with their name and 'Flower Girl' and 'Ring Bearer' on it.  So adorable!!  My parents came to pick them up around 8:30 and we stayed to hang out a while.

Saturday morning, I was off for the day and the kids and Waylon stayed back to hang with Grammy and Papa.  Waylon took Noah to get a hair cut, too but mostly they just played at the house (it was a hot, hot day!).

Our first stop was the salon!

After I got my hair done

Bev, beautiful Mother of the Bride!

Julie's turn!

Watching the finishing touches to hair

Makeup time
The beautiful finished product

In the limo on the way back to the ceremony spot

All the girls!


When we got back, I started up some music I had downloaded for the occasion and the first song was 'Goin' to the Chapel'.  We all started singing and dancing!  :-)

Dancing!
Sisters
 Time to get dressed!
This was my teary moment.

Again, love my Jules!

Me and Ali

Beautiful Nana - 90 years old!

Back at my parents house, Waylon and my mom got the kids all ready.  They had a little photo shoot before they left....



I guess Noah was done.  :-)
 I was so excited to see them all dressed up when they arrived!

Family shot!

With Grammy and Papa
So adorable!!

Gotta love it.

Beautiful Bride

More beauty

Noah fell in love with (another) Nana
Time to get the wedding started! 



Love this good big brother moment

Kylie got a little shy
Here comes the bride!

It was fun to watch Peter's reaction to seeing her - as he said to the audience, 'She's just so beautiful!'



The kids sat down during the ceremony so they didn't get too antsy up in front of everyone.  I think they got a little antsy sitting down instead!

Walking out - they wanted to join me
Then it was time for pictures but the kids needed to get a few wiggles out first while we were waiting.  Here they are running around with Julie's nephew, Ryan.  Kylie fell in love with Ryan the night before at the rehearsal dinner.





Done with official pictures - getting ready to go to the reception


In the limo on the way!

Other side of the limo

The newleyweds!
 Time to party!

Earlier in the day, Jack (Julie's dad), had asked me if Noah would help out with his toast.  He had a part in the toast where he talked about Julie being our high school homecoming queen and he had a crown for Peter and wanted Noah to bring it up to him on the ring bearer pillow.  However, before the toast started (after dinner), Noah fell asleep under the table!!  Yes, under the table.  :-)  I went to wake him up but he insisted that he wanted to stay asleep so I left him there and was going to just do it myself.  But then halfway through the toast, he came running up to me 'wanting to do his job.'  :-)

Listening to Jack's toast


First dance

Another teary moment for me - Julie did a dance with her mom!  So sweet.

Then Mandy joined them
After all that, it was time to dance!  We discovered that Kylie was quite the party girl that night.  All she wanted to do was dance (well, mostly be held while someone else danced!!).  It was pretty cute.

Dancing!
Me, Julie, Kate and Keri - the four of us were inseparable in middle school!


Kylie had fun dancing with Uncle Bill, too!

High Fives!
This is one of my favorite shots!  :-)  So much fun!

Dancing with the bride

More newlyweds

Happy girls!  :-)
This was a funny moment, Noah came up to say goodnight to me and was obviously happy to go and ready (it was 10:30 before they left!!!) but Kylie looked at me and said, 'I'm staying with you, Mommy!'  :-)  That's my party girl!


The last dance was 'New York, New York' and a bunch of people lined up kicking their legs.  Waylon and Andrew made their own little kick line.  :-)


Afterwards, we all went to the bar for a bit and had such a great time!  What a wonderful, beautiful wedding with a wonderful, beautiful couple!  Congratulations, Julie and Peter!  We all love you so much!

No comments: