Wednesday, April 4, 2012

March - Part 1

I'm going to do my March update in 3 parts so as not to overwhelm myself!  We had a lake trip in there so I of course have lots of pictures from that.  So Part 1 will be pre-lake trip, Part 2 will be the Lake trip and Part 3 will be post-Lake trip!  :-)  Here goes....  :-)

First shot is just a cute pic of the kids from outside a mexican restaurant one night in early March.  This is now the background on my phone!  So cute.  :-)


The kids waiting for Savannah to come play
 March also brings March Madness and NC State actually did pretty well this year so Waylon was a little more, shall we say, animated when it came to the games this year.  :-)  Here is a picture of Kylie watching him yell at the TV during the Carolina game. 


Saturday, March 10th Nana and Grandad came to babysit and Waylon and I went out to dinner with my friend and old coworker Jenn.  We had a nice time and Waylon ended up going home early and I stayed out later with Jenn!  So nice to catch up - it had been a while. 

Grandaddy reading to the kids before we left - love Kylie's raised eyebrows here  :-)
Kylie fights naps these days so we have been pretty flexible with them.  Much more so than we were with Noah.  Since he's pretty much given them up as well, it actually makes it easier to plan the day without having to plan around naps.  Although I really miss my few hours of down time on the weekends, that's for sure!  This particular day, I laid down in the bed with Kylie and took a nap with her...

Noah made an 'alphabet rainbow' and was very proud!
He's so excited about going to Kindergarten this year and talks about it all the time.  We got our school assignment and he'll definitely be going to Alston Ridge.  It's a year round school so the school year actually starts at the end of July!!  Pretty crazy.


My sweet boy - I walked into the playroom to find him playing with her hair.  :-)
The following Friday, March 16th, I had some errands to run in the morning and Waylon and I had a day date and met out to watch the NC State game.  Here is a dramatic picture during the game.  :-)


That night, Grammy and Papa arrived for the weekend and Waylon left to spend the weekend with his friend Steven.  I had a baby shower on Saturday and we had a surprise birthday party for my Uncle Michael to go to.  So much fun!!

Grammy with the kids at dinner before Waylon left town
Daddy saying goodbye to his girl on Friday night

Grammy tried braiding Kylie's hair - she didn't like while it was happening but it was so cute!!
Saturday was Anise's baby shower.  Baby Brooks will be here sometime in May.  We are so excited to meet Anise and Josh's new addition!!!

Drink table
Food Table

So cute!

Some of my favorite girls!
While I was at the shower, my parents too the kids to Fearrington Village to have lunch and see the belted cows.  I heard they had a blast and it looks like it from the pictures, too!!  :-)

Grammy and Kylie
 Love these next two shots....


The belted cows!

So sweet
That night - about 45 minutes after I got home from the shower, one of the teachers from daycare came over to babysit and my parents and I went downtown to meet Michael and Karen for dinner.  Little did Michael know, after dinner, Karen had a bunch of their friends set up at a coffee shop down the way to celebrate his birthday!  My cousin, McCauley's band was playing and it was so fun!!

When he first walked in - so surprised!
McCauley's band (he's on the right - singing)

Cousins - Reeves, me, McCauley (we were missing Leah and Katie)

The Peelers minus Katie (she's in China now but coming home this month!)
After Grammy and Papa left on Sunday and Waylon got home, we took off to Megan, Jason and Ryan's house to watch the pack play again.  It was such a fun day.  We were there from 1 until almost 7 and was reminiscent of our pre-kids times when we'd hang out all day and all night.  The kids had so much fun playing there and behaved pretty well!

Course this could have had something to do with it!  :-)  They are obsessed with the iPhone and iPod.

Kylie wasn't sure about Bentley at first but warmed up to him.  I thought this picture was hilarious!  :-)
Silly girl swinging

Fun with Ryan

Cory and Baby Sam
Jennie and Sam

Sweet Sam

Cookies!

So much fun - look at all the red!

One night that week, we met at Moe's for dinner.  Kylie had picked out her own outfit that morning....


That Thursday, the 22nd, Waylon took off for Charleston to visit Josh with Jason and Dave and I took the kids and went to the lake!  More to come on that in Part 2....  :-)

No comments: