Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Catch up time!

Well, we leave tomorrow on yet another vacation so it's catch up time before we go!! Tomorrow, it's North Myrtle Beach with Nana, Grandad, Andrea, Sean and Savannah. We are SOOO excited!!

One last picture from our date day with Ryan and Megan - how adorable are they?!

Friday night (July 29th), we met up with the Scholles for dinner. Afterwards, we had our normal run around outside the restaurant. They love it. :-)

And hugs before we go!

It was VERY hot that weekend so we stayed inside as much as we could. Saturday afternoon, we decided to take both kids to go see Winnie the Pooh. This was Kylie's first movie at the theater and she LOVED it!! I was too late thinking about getting a picture. The movie had already started when I snapped a picture and I didn't want to flash so this is what I got... :-)


On Sunday, we were dying to get out of the house so the kids and I took off to meet Andrea, Savannah, Megan, Ryan and Jason at the park. Waylon didn't come because he was planning to mow the yard but that didn't work out cause of rain. We were at the park for about 30 minutes when the skies opened up on us. So on to plan B - the mall! We had packed a picnic lunch so we just went to the play area and then ate our picnic in the food court.

We got soaked running into the mall - so cute!



Noah and Kylie had lunchables (as requested after Savannah had one at the pool once). Noah made an interesting sandwich - ham, cheese and oreo between crackers! :-)

That following Tuesday, Noah had his 4 year doctors appt. We knew it was a possibility that he might have to have shots and prepared him for the possibility and it turned out he had to have 4!!! Wow. He was very nervous about it but was super brave in the end.

Stats: Height: 41 1/3" (67%) Weight: 44lbs (93%)
It was pretty funny... our doctor walked in and looked at the paper and looked at him and said, 'Something is wrong here!' then lifted up his shirt and said, 'You aren't fat!' HA. Both kids have always been very solid.

Here is the brave boy afterwards with his goody bag and lollipop
He had a little bit of a reaction to the injection and was very sore over the next two days. He also had a huge red mark that worried me a bit but all the paperwork said it was normal and so did our pediatric nurse - Jennie. :-)

Wednesday was Noah's swim lesson so we were at the pool that night and ate there also. It was a fun weeknight.

My mom came back to town on Thursday night (lots of traveling for her in the past few weeks!) and spent the morning with us on Friday. We decided it was time to cut off Kylie's mullet so we took off to Snip Its. We've never taken Noah to a kids' haircut place because he's so laid back but we knew Kylie would be a little different so we tried something different - didn't work. :-) She was beside herself but in the end we got a cute cut. I was a little traumatized after seeing the end result but I'm used to it now and think it's super sassy and cute! Maybe I'll have to get a matching cut soon. :-) Pics from the dramatic first haircut....

Before

During

After

End result with lollipop in hand

We ran several more errands and then Grammy took off when we got home for late naps. We also decided that day to send the kids up to the lake on Saturday afternoon just for the night. We had plans to go out Saturday night so Grammy and Papa offered to take them overnight. Having extra time to get ready and sleep in the following morning (my birthday!) was appealing so we decided to go for it. But we couldn't take them until Saturday afternoon because....

Saturday was Savannah's birthday! She was supposed to have a party at a park but it was pouring that morning so yet again, plan B - a party at their house instead. The kids had a blast running around, playing, and eating snacks and cake. So fun!!!!

This was so sweet - after we sang happy birthday, Noah leaned right over and blew out the candles before Savannah got a chance. I yelled his name and he looked at me with this mortified look. Then he dropped his little head and got weepy. When I asked what was wrong, he said, 'It's all my fault!' Poor thing felt so bad. He just got so excited I think! :-) It took him a little bit of time to get over it but then was fine. (Savannah didn't seem to care) :-) We just got to do it again! :-)


The birthday girl! I can't believe she's 3!!!

Opening presents - Noah always gets so excited about giving his gifts. I always let him tell me what he wants to get and help pick it out. This time it was a unicorn! :-)

Savannah got a few dress up outfits for her birthday. Noah loved the police uniform and went around giving people tickets - very serious business.

Sweet Kylie-girl with Grandaddy

Right after the party, we took off to meet Grammy and Papa halfway to the lake and dropped off the kids with them. Then I went shopping and got my nails done and Waylon went to play golf. We met back up at home to get ready and then go out for dinner and drinks with Megan and Jason (we were celebrating Megan's birthday also), Megan and Dave, and Cory and Jennie. A great night!




Sunday was my birthday. I woke up on my own accord (at 6am of course), dozed in bed until 7 and then came down and read my book on the couch for a while. Waylon and I made breakfast and then took off around 10 to meet Grammy and Papa again to pick up the kids. I was really excited to see them but it was nice to have a low-key morning.

When we got to them, Noah had a cookie cake and a card that he and Kylie decorated for me (with help of course). :-) One of my best presents for sure!!

The kids fell asleep on the way home so when we got home, they napped and I went down to the pool for about an hour. When they woke up, Waylon and the kids gave me cards and presents (speakers for my ipod and an itunes gift card! Yay!!).




Then we took off to Nana and Grandad's house for even more birthday celebrations - yummy taco dinner and playtime for the kids. Couldn't be better!! :-)

Here is the cookie cake that Noah helped decorate...

I didn't get many pictures while I was there but caught this one of Nana and Kylie playing dress up. :-)

and I got this great one of Kylie!!!

I'm not sure if I've mentioned on here yet that Waylon is switching jobs!! Big news! He's so excited. Things just weren't working out as expected at his old job so he's been looking and finally found a great new opportunity at Seimen's Healthcare. Last Friday was his last day and he's been off this week enjoying a little bit of down time (and of course our beach vacation). He will start his new job next Monday. Yay!!

No comments: