Saturday, August 14, 2010

Been a long time... time to catch my breath

It's been a very stressful few weeks in the Parham household. For a few days there, I felt like I was drowning and barely had my head above water. We made it through and are swimming well now though!





Going back to Monday Aug. 2nd, Kylie was on the mend and seemed to be healing up and feeling better, too so the kids and I took off to the mall to meet Jacque, Elizabeth and Jacob for a little playtime. It was a crazy trip. All the kids were wild for some reason but had a great time.





Noah and Elizabeth





Kylie and Jacob



I love this one. It looks like Noah is taking Elizabeth out on a date.




Kylie and Jacob got in on the play time too!



Later on Monday afternoon, Kylie got into the toilet paper and had some fun!! :-)





Love this picture


And Noah got into the bins. :-)


Tuesday was a CRAZY day. I dropped the kids off for mine and Kylie's first day back in a week and a half. I got to work (in Durham) and had just enough time to update everyone on how Kylie was doing and had just sat down to get some real work done when daycare called and said that her incision was oozing all over the front of her outfit. So I hopped back in the car and went back (to Raleigh) to pick her up. On the way, I called the doctor and he wanted to see her (in Chapel Hill), so we spent the late morning at UNC again. Turns out everything was okay but they were concerned that the stitches in the muscle wall had now popped and she was leaking interperitoneal fluid (the fluid that is in your body cavity surrounding your organs). He now thinks (after her post op appt this week) that it may have just been bath water that had gotten trapped and had finally made it's way out. She had had her first bath since surgery the night before. So it was another scare and another setback but we've been on an upswing since then so we are feeling good about it now.
I had to run back by school on our way home to get Kylie's medicine (Noah stayed and school and Waylon picked him up so I could work some from home) and when I went back, we tried letting her sit at the table and eat some lunch. She's been eating mostly 'real' food these days and is loving it.


Here she is at the table at school with some onlookers - including one of her (old) teachers Ms. Heather (she's now moving into a new room)

Tuesday night, Waylon and Noah brought me home sunflowers for me since it was such a crazy day. Noah came running in with them and came right up to me and said, 'I love you Mommy. Everything will be okay.' It was so sweet (of both Noah and Waylon)!

She's also doing great with walking!! She loves to walk holding our hands and even does it one handed now. And she's all over the place with her walker also. It won't be long!
Wednesday was a very stressful day for me. I was very nervous about Kylie going back to school and just trying to get back in the groove at work and so many other things on my mind. I was actually having chest pains and my eye was twitching all day!! The next day it all went away though and things are starting to feel a little more in control now.
Here's a shot of Kylie - doesn't she look so big here??
Saturday was my birthday so the kids and I celebrated in the morning by going to Monkey Joe's with Amy and Stella Dot while Waylon mowed the lawn. :-) Noah hadn't seen Stella Dot in a while (she switched schools a while back) and they had a blast together.

Amy helping the kids up a big slide


And coming down!

This turned into wrestle-mania
(see Stella Dot's blog for more pictures)

After naps, I took some self portraits with the kids. :-)

I stole away for about an hour of shopping before we went to Megan and Dave's for a great dinner! We kept the kids up a little late and got home around 9:30 or so. They had a lot of fun thanks to everyone keeping them entertained! :-)



On Sunday, Waylon took Noah to the grocery store and Kylie and I got some quality time. She climbed into a tight corner and I got this great picture. :-)

Later on Sunday, we went over to Waylon's parents for a yummy birthday dinner - and dessert, too! It was so much fun and we all had a lot of fun.

Kylie and Noah took turns hiding unde the bag. :-)

Playing with Grandaddy
Kylie fell asleep drinking her bottle right before we left to come home.
On Monday, after Kylie woke up from her nap, I came downstairs and Noah said, 'Where are we going?' and I said, 'I don't know. Where do you want to go?' and he said 'the park'. So off we went! It was very hot so we didn't stay long but it was right around lunchtime on a Monday so there was no one else there which was nice.

Kylie loved the swing!


Where did the time go?? Check out our kids!! Crazy.





This week has been much better than last week. Like I said, we had Kylie's (original) post op appointment on Wednesday and the doctor was very pleased with how she's been healing. We will go back on October 6th for another check up.
A funny story about Noah from last week - he had an accident in his bed one night. That hasn't happened in a long time so he was really upset. We didn't think it was that big of a deal but an hour or so later, when we were on our way to school, he quietly said, 'Mommy, I don't want to tell my teachers.' I asked him what he didn't want to tell them about and he said 'About my pee pee.' It was so sweet. I told him we didn't have to tell his teachers and he seemed okay with that and was fine after that.
This week we also met with some realtors and chose one (the same group we used when we bought this house - and sold our other one - 5 years ago). They have a stager that works with them so she came by on Friday. After she left and the kids were sleeping, I did some cleaning out and had the dining room table piled up with stuff. When Noah woke up from his nap and started down the stairs, he looked at the pile and said, 'Oh. My. Goodness. What. Did. You. Do?' It was so funny!! :-)
Friday afternoon we had a dance party in Noah's room and we all had a blast! :-) Noah and Kylie also played in his bed. So cute!!!
Today was a very busy and fun day - more clean out and fixing up and two birthday parties!! Stayed tuned for that update (I started this post last night so I didn't get all the pictures from today in).
Hope you all are having a great weekend!!

1 comment:

Evia, Tim, Eli and Cole said...

I'm exhausted reading this. No idea how you do it SuperMom!