Monday, June 7, 2010

Catch Up - Part 1

Well, I'm behind again! Geez, I have no idea what I've been doing! :-) I'm going to do this is two parts cause I have so many pictures! Last time I posted was when Grammy was here with us right before Memorial Day weekend -- here are a few pictures from her visit...













That Friday morning, we packed up and headed out to the lake. Noah was soooooo excited about everything that day - actually all weekend so you'll see that as a trend! On the way, we stopped at the mall because Grammy wanted to buy Noah some Crocs. We actually got to the mall just before the stores opened so we were standing outside of the Crocs store and all of the sudden Noah saw them and said, 'THERE'S THE CROCS!!' It was so funny. He was also running around through the mall and then jumping and stopping to wait for us. He was just wild. When we were getting ready to go, he spotted the Build-a-Bear store and wanted to go in. I said, 'Don't you want to go see Papa?' and he thought for a second and then took off running saying, 'Yeah! I LOVE Papa!! And he LOVES me!'


A shot of Kylie from the mall - she had fun too!


Then we were off to the lake. It was such a nice weekend. The weather called for rain but it turned out to be great weather. We did so many fun things.....


Hanging out with Grammy on the dock watching Noah and Papa fish



He loves 'wormy worms'




Noah and Papa went out on the boat by themselves a few times.




And Noah caught his first fish!!!


This is a funny story. He was so excited that he actually caught a fish. I wasn't there but apparently, he just reeled in the line and there it was. It was so small, they barely noticed!! :-) He and Papa brought it up to the house to show me and Grammy. By the time he made it to the house, the fish had just about kicked the bucket. We weren't sure what to do with it and how to handle saying 'goodbye' so we just said we'd put it in a bucket. Noah wanted to put water in it so we did and it was just floating there. He leaned over really close and said, 'Night night Fishy! I hope you feel better tomorrow!' It was so funny. Then... he reached down to touch it again and it jumped and started swimming around again!! We tried to get him to go throw it back in the lake (the 'real water' as he called it) but he coudn't bring himself to do it so they had to put it in someone elses bucket. He was very proud of his first fish!... and so was Papa!






Saturday morning, while Kylie was napping, Noah and I spent some alone time down on the beach. He had a blast playing in the sand and loved the water, too. It was nice that he could kind of do his own thing while I just watched from afar. At one point though, I was across the beach and he started going out in the water. Just after I said, 'Don't go too far!', he tripped and down he went. I took off running and pulled him up. He was under for a good 10 seconds or so probably and I fully expected him to come up sputtering and crying but he just looked at me surprised and said, 'I put my head under Mommy!!' I wasn't quite sure whether to be proud or scared that it didn't scare him! I was shaking, that's for sure! We had to talk more about water safety!






After some beach time, we went down to a little party in the neighborhood. They had a cookout and some people playing music, too. It was fun!


Kylie in her new outfit Grammy got her.



Noah and I being silly :-) He's been so sweet recently.

We are so happy that the rough phase is over! We still have our moments of course but overall, he's been great!



Later on Saturday, we got suited up again and decided to take Kylie for her first boat ride.


New bathing suit and cover up. :-)



This is another excited moment. I had just finished getting Noah dressed and lathered up and he was jumping around like this saying 'ALL SET PAPA! I have my bathing suit! And my shoes! and my glasses!....' you get the picture. It was hilarious. Lots of laughing that weekend.



He and Papa went on down to the dock while Grammy, Kylie and I got ready and he caught his second fish! This time it was a good sized catfish! He was very proud and let it go 'back to it's mommy and daddy' this time.


Then it was time for Kylie first boat ride!



She was thrilled as you can see. :-) She looks exactly like Noah did on his first time out. They really need to figure out a way to make infant life jackets more comfortable!


The obligatory Noah-driving-the-boat picture.

And Kylie's turn!


She did smile!

After the boat ride, we went back to the beach area for some swimming. Kylie loved the water and just laughed and splashed so much! Noah had fun, too of course.




Kylie watching Mommy and Noah swim. She loved the waves lapping up on her!

Noah ended up - surprise! - in the mud.
We took an early bath (before dinner) after we got home from the beach and Noah thought that was really cool that he got to put his PJs on before dinner.




So adorable!
After dinner, Noah watched a movie and stayed up a little late. I've figured out that on vacation, it's best just to be laid back and not stick to the rules too muc! We're going to have a blast at the beach in a few weeks!
Sunday morning, Noah went on another boat ride with Papa while Grammy and I packed up and got ready to head out. He caught another fish! He was so proud that he got three that weekend and is still talking about it.
We left the lake around 9:30 that morning and got home just as Waylon was finishing up movie 20 cubic yards of mulch!! That's what he was doing during all of our excitment. Since it was Memorial weekend, we still had lots of time left and it was more fun fun fun! That's where Part 2 will begin! :-) Stay tuned....

No comments: