Friday, May 14, 2010

Mother's Day, Sickness and Plants!!

Last Wednesday, Noah and Kylie came home from school with Mother's Day gifts for me! Noah's was a homemade recipe holder. He made the 'tulip' out of spoons and told me the week before, 'We made flowers out of spoons today! Ms. Jessica said don't tell our mommies'. :-) It was funny and I knew I was getting a flower spoon but didn't know any other details. It turned out really cute and the 'recipe' was the best part. Ms. Jessica said he just kept talking so she just kept writing. :-) If you can't read it, you can click on it to make it bigger....



This is what Kylie came home with. The top says, I love you berry much Love, Kylie and the black spots are her thumbprints. :-) So cute!! We have the sweetest teachers.


On Thursday morning, Savannah came over to play for a bit. They had a great time as usual. We left all three kids alone very briefly in Noah's room and when we came back, Savannah was sitting behind Kylie with her legs around her unbuttoning her shirt. :-) It was so funny!
Here is Noah and Savannah on the playset that morning...


After lunch on Thursday, Kylie threw up everything she had in her little tummy. It was pretty scary for me although Kylie didn't seem phased at all. She did it a few other times through the weekend and had some other tummy issues, too so that wasn't fun but she seemed okay until a bad cold hit right on top of it on Sunday.
Friday morning, Grammy and Papa came to help us with the kids while we had a planting extravaganza on Saturday. Noah was excited to give Grammy a new bag for Mother's Day. Grammy brings 'Grammy's book bag' with her when she comes to visit and we thought she could use this for some books - when she's not using it for a beach towel!! :-)


I ran a few errands Friday afternoon (after fighting with Noah to take a nap - a battle that he won that day), and when I came home, this is how I found Grammy, Papa, Noah and Kylie. I thought it was so sweet seeing them all relaxing in the yard together.





Friday night, we took advantage of having babysitters in town and went out to dinner with my coworker Jenn and her husband Jay. It was really a fun time - especially getting out before our crazy day on Saturday.
Bright and early Saturday morning, we started working in the yard. Waylon's dad came over in the morning and helped us dig holes. My mom was mainly in charge of Kylie (complete with tummy issues) while my dad and Noah ran out to get a few more plants that we needed.
After a quick lunch break, we got back to work and Noah put on his new bathing suit and proceeded to - you guessed it - play in the mud while we worked! I didn't get pictures of him all muddy but this bathing suit is now more yellow on the parts that are supposed to be white. :-)
Here we are working....






Around 3 or so, my mom tried to take Noah upstairs for some reading and quiet time but he never fell alseep. He wanted to watch Cars and this is what happened about 5 minutes after the movie started.... it was a busy day for all of us. He slept here for about 2 hours - and we weren't being overly quiet either! Too funny.






And it was well worth it, cause here's the finished product!!!

















Sunday morning, my parents left pretty early to head back to MD. On their way home, they stopped in DC to celebrate Mother's Day with Leah also. But before they left, Noah and Waylon made us all Mother's Day muffins! Very yummy. And I got a GREAT gift! A gift card for a massage, manicure, and pedicure to the Umstead Spa! So exciting!!!



While Kylie was napping and Waylon was mowing the yard, Noah and I made red velvet cupcakes. Check out the clown. :-)


Kylie started really not feeling well on Sunday afternoon so she was extra snuggly.
Loving my babies on Mother's Day. I couldn't be happier.
Kylie and Noah slept at the same time that afternoon, so Waylon and I spent some time out on the deck to enjoy the fruits of our labor. It was such a beautiful day and it was nice to just relax out there for a bit. Then, Janet and I met Andrea at the nail salon and had manicures and pedicures. It was a lot of fun!
Andrea and I came back to our house and met the rest of the family here for a Mother's Day cookout. We attempted to get pictures of the three kids (I got a great outfit for Kylie that Andrea saw and loved on Thursday so I told her to get the same one so we could try to get more pictures). Between an almost 3 year old and almost 2 year old and a sick 7 month old, we got a funny series of pictures....
















Nana Grandaddy and Kylie
Monday was back to work and school but Kylie was still not doing well. I felt bad that I didn't keep her home - she cried when I left her for the first time ever and that was heartbreaking. I ended up picking her up early and she took a good nap at home before Waylon and Noah got home later on. After dinner, Waylon got a good shot of me with both kids...


Tuesday morning, Kylie was still worn down, so I decided to keep her home. Daycare told me I could bring both kids on Thursday instead so I worked yesterday instead of Tuesday. It was nice to have a day alone with Kylie and there was lots of sleeping and snuggling involved which was fun for me and good for her.
Twice she fell asleep eating - the first time was when she was having breakfast (solids). I got a video of it which I'm trying to get uploaded but it's not working so we'll see. It was so funny!!


Then she fell asleep drinking her 11am bottle. She was a sleepy girl that day!


Wednesday, she went back to school and seemed to be feeling much better. She's still sniffly and coughing but seems to be in pretty good spirits so that's good. She has been sleepy today also (slept for 2 hours this morning and I had to wake her up and is now going on over 2 hours again for her afternoon nap!).
This morning, we went into school to drop off our handmade cards for the teachers at school. This week was teacher appreciation week and I organized it for Kylie's room so we had gift cards to take to them also. Noah had fun playing with his friends on the playground for a while and then we went to Chick-fil-a for lunch. Noah has been really good and well behaved today so that's been really nice.
We're looking forward to a nice (more relaxing?) weekend. Hope you all have a good one also!

No comments: