Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Tag Team Weekend

Whew, this was a busy weekend!! I guess I say that every week that I post though, huh? I should be used to it by now! We've just been traveling so much this summer that when we are gone, we are slammed with fun - and when we are home, we seem to be slammed with errands and house stuff - not to mention getting ready for baby stuff!

So here's our weekend update. Thursday was Savannah's birthday and she came over to play! She's fully walking now, so it's easier for them to really play now. Noah kept wanting to hold her hand and take her places... so cute! Here they are taking a milk break together.


Then, Friday was my birthday! Noah and I just hung out all day - hit the mall in the morning just to get out (but stay cool!) and had a nice quiet day together. Friday night, Nana and Grandad came to play/babysit and Waylon and I went out to a very nice dinner at The Irregardless Cafe. Very yummy!

We had lots of plans for the weekend which seemed do-able - and I guess were - but barely! So Saturday morning, the tag teaming started. It started when Waylon went out first thing to mow the lawn, try to beat the heat, and get back in before my pedicure appointment at 10:30. Of course, the lawnmower broke during this time, so he wasn't able to get the whole thing done. Noah and I hung out and played and when he got back in, I left for my pedicure and he took Noah to the grocery store. We met back for lunch and while Noah was napping (finally after struggling to get him down!), Waylon and I primed the walls in the nursery. After Noah woke up, we headed over to Andrea, Sean and Savannah's house for Savannah's first birthday party. Because Noah went down late, we were late to the party and missed the outdoor swim activities but we made it in time for cake! Savannah wasn't quite sure what to think....


Watching the present opening with Daddy
A big birthday kiss for the birthday girl!

We stayed until bedtime and thought Noah would fall asleep on the way home but I guess that late nap kept him up! He went down easily after we got home though.

Sunday morning first thing, Waylon played with Noah while I went up and did the cutting in on the first coat of the nursery. After I was done, we swapped and Waylon went up to do the rolling. Just as Waylon was finishing the painting, Noah and I headed over to Maddie's house for a playdate with Maddie and Stella Dot. While we were gone, Waylon finished mowing the lawn.

3 Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed
Tickling with Maddie
Getting ready to watch the 'Potty Power' video :-)

After we got home, there was another handoff and I went to start the second coat of cutting in - Waylon put Noah down for his nap and headed out for a few other errands. After he got home, Noah and I watched Peter Pan while Waylon finished off the second coat in the nursery! Phew. Then, it was time for dinner with Waylon's parents and Andrea, Sean and Savannah again - this time to celebrate my birthday with them!! :-)

After we got home and put Noah to bed, I was so tired but too excited about the paint in the nursery and ended up pulling off the tape and then putting the whole room together (can we say NESTING?). I think it turned out great! Still have to get some things on the wall but besides that, the only things left to do for the baby is to get down the rest of the 'gear' from the attic and wash clothes! I'm so relieved to have things done in advance so I don't have to worry about it.



The plan for the next month is to concentrate on Jennie and Cory's wedding festivities (and throwing in one last trip to MD, too) then I'm hoping to try to really relax the last month of the pregnancy! We'll see how that goes. :-)

This weekend is the 'bachelorette' weekend at the lake - so I get a weekend off and Waylon and Noah get Daddy/son time - they are both very excited about that!

2 comments:

Evia, Tim, Eli and Cole said...

Wow Robin - your posts exhaust me. Not sure how you're still doing it! Hope you do get to relax and enjoy being pregnant soon. The nursery looks beautiful.

Amy Grant, Stella Dot, and Yma said...

The room looks adorable. I'm so glad you didn't have to reupholster that chair, because as far as rocking chairs go, it's way cool.