Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Girls Weekend at Lake and Boys Weekend at Home

This past weekend was a treat for everyone! I got to take a weekend off and relax at the lake with my girlfriends and Waylon and Noah got to spend some quality time together - as did Nana and Grandad with Noah, too! Waylon says I should go away more often - maybe I'll take him up on that! :-)

First, Noah's weekend -- Thursday morning, Nana and Grandad came over bright and early to keep Noah for the day while Waylon was working and I left for Jennie's bachelorette weekend. They went to the NC Museum of Natural Sciences in downtown Raleigh and had a great time. Noah told me all about touching a snake on the phone that night! Some pictures of their day from Nana and Grandad...





Back home watching TV

Waylon was home with Noah on Friday and they went to Monkey Joe's and played for a while - Waylon said he was a little unsure of his footing there. Maybe he'll get the hang of it a little more at Eli's jumping birthday party this coming Saturday!

Nana and Grandad also kept Savannah this past weekend - from Saturday morning to Sunday morning - so Waylon and Noah met them at Pullen Park on Saturday morning. I think that was a hit and Noah apparently rode the boat ride about 3 times. Waylon sent me a text picture that was so funny - he was so serious driving those boats!! Some pics from Pullen Park





The rest of the weekend, Waylon kept Noah busy and vice versa. They were both pretty worn out by the time I got home on Sunday afternoon. I think they loved being together so much though. Good thing cause I think they are going to really bond come October! :-)

Now, onto my weekend -- Jennie, Megan and I left Thursday morning and stopped at Triangle Town Center to have Jennie's makeup done as a practice run for the wedding. It was fun to just take our time and not worry about being anywhere at a particular time.

Isn't she beautiful!?!

When we finally made it to the lake, we went grocery shopping and settled in for a movie at 5 pm! It was a nice quiet evening with just the three of us...

Here we are with our drinks - Jennie with her Lambic and Megan and I with sparkling cider!

Yup, that's right, Megan is pregnant! She's officially 'out of the closet now, so I can talk about it on here. I'm so excited that she'll have a little one to play with ours in February! Congratulations Megan!!

On Friday, we spent lots of time out on the boat just relaxing and everyone else started trickling in. Natalie (also pregnant due in February - YAY!) and Holly got there around 3:00 and Anise arrived around 7:00.

Jennie and her 'Palmatierita' as she calls them.

On Friday night, we did a mini-bachelorette celebration at the house. Just a few of the silly embarrassing things you have to do for a bachelorette, right? Except we didn't do them in public. :-)

Here's her reaction to one of the gifts...

Saturday, Jennie's future sister-in-law, Jennifer, showed up bright and early and we all had a nice breakfast out on the porch - then it was more fun in the sun!

Natalie and Holly

Jennifer and Jennie

Megan and Anise
Me! --- relaxing! :-)

Holly and Natalie left Saturday afternoon and the rest of us went to dinner at a restaurant right on the lake. You can't tell in this picture but the lake is right behind us and it was beautiful.


On Sunday, we spent some more time on the lake in the morning then packed up and headed home. I was excited to see my boys. I wondered if Noah might be a little clingy to me after I got home (he was like that after we got back from the beach) but he wasn't at all. I mean, he was excited to see me but obviously had really enjoyed his time with Daddy. Like I said, good sign!

No comments: