Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A Busy Birthday Weekend

Last Wednesday night, Grammy came to stay with us and help me run errands, get ready for Noah's birthday party and just organize my life in general! I think we totally ran her ragged and she's suffering from a cold now! :-( Sorry Mom!

Anyway, leaving out the not so fun details of all the errand running, here is a recap of our weekend.

Thursday morning, we went to the gym for Noah's second swim lesson. It was fun - I'm not sure how much he's really getting from the teacher or the group setting but at least it's getting me there once a week to work with him. He (obviously) loves the water and catches on pretty quickly to 'technique' (as much as you can have at 2 years old)! :-)



After the swim lesson, we played at the pool for a while. My mom got Noah this cute little cover up and he didn't want to take it off when it was time to shower.

While Noah was napping, my mom ran to the grocery store for us while I tried to go through some of Noah's outgrown clothes and get the house a little organized. Thursday afternoon, we ran some errands and had a quick dinner out while Daddy enjoyed some male bonding (happy hour) time with Cory after work! He got home right in time for bedtime and Noah was excited that Daddy could put him to bed.

Friday was (again) lots of errands and cake baking/decorating and also a doctor's appt for Noah (a follow up from a minor ear infection that he had a few weeks ago - he's fine).

Here is Noah helping Grammy make the cupcakes for his party. My mom gave me a puzzle cake set (cupcakes that go together to form a cake) a while ago and we used it for Noah's birthday cake. He chose to have a turtle (one of the three templates we had) and we had just enough cupcake holders left over to form a smaller Mickey Mouse cake. My mom decorated the turtle cake but I actually did the Mickey Mouse - I was so proud of my craftiness (most of you know I'm not the crafty type)! Stay tuned for pictures of the cake.

Helping Grammy make the batter

Here are Daddy and Noah playing after Waylon got home from work on Friday night...

After all the busy stuff I put her through on Thursday and Friday, Grammy was kind enough offer to babysit on Friday night so Waylon and I could go out to dinner to celebrate his birthday (which was Monday, the 29th). We had a great dinner out at Sushi Blues and then went to Napper Tandys where I had some of our friends waiting to surprise Waylon. Actually I had to blow the surprise to get him to go but that's okay. He was happy anyway. We had a good time and got some silly pictures of people making their own coozies (some Coors Light promotion going on at the bar).
Megan and Dave working hard

Waylon and Cory showing off their finished products.

And Jennie won!! - that fabulous tee shirt! :-)

Saturday was party time!! The morning was spent getting ready for the party - Waylon took Noah on one last trip to BJs and gave my mom and I a small break (from Noah anyway!). :-) They also picked up the balloons that were a huge hit. Noah must have carried them around for at least an hour.


I just think Noah looks like such a BOY in this picture. Where did my baby go!?

Daddy and Noah talking to his little sister.

This year, as opposed to last year!, we opted to have a small birthday gathering. Just grandparents, aunts and uncles and a few of Noah's friends. Before the friends arrived, we gave Waylon his present... a Wii!! He has been dying to have one and now does. It is pretty fun, I must say!


Stella Dot, Maddie, and Savannah showed up soon after and it was time for.... what else??... water play!

Then it was dinner time (notice the new picnic table from Grammy and Papa)...


Then time for presents!! Noah got all sorts of great stuff... books, a tee ball set, a puzzle, clothes, a fire truck. Wow! Thanks everyone! And the big one is coming soon... the grandparents are chipping in towards a playset. We're hoping to have it set up next weekend, so stay tuned for that. And Waylon and I got Noah a tricycle but we are giving that to him tomorrow on his 'real' birthDAY.

Stella Dot got him this cute framed picture of the two of them holding hands at the Carnivore Preservation Trust a few weeks ago. Everyone must have said 'AWWWW' cause now whenever he looks at the picture, he says, 'Noah, Stella Dot, holding hands.... AWWWW'. It's funny.


Showing the girls his loot.

Then CAKE time!! Check them out!

This was his expression while everyone was singing to him. :-)

And he blew out the candles all by himself - all the bubble blowing must have given him practice!




Time to eat the good stuff... FINALLY!


Then it was time to go. Big hugs from Maddie....


...AND KISSES! Check this one out!! :-)

Such a fun day to celebrate 2 years with Noah!

On Sunday, Waylon and I got a few more things done around the house before it was time for Grammy and Papa to leave. Then in the afternoon we just relaxed and tried to recover for the week - oh and also put up curtains in Noah's new room.

Monday was Waylon's birthday and Noah was really excited to say 'Happy Birthday Daddy' as soon as Waylon got home from work. We had a nice dinner in and surprised him with an ice cream cake and a few more small gifts. Weeknight dinners are always so hectic, I didn't even get a chance to take pictures! :-( But it was really nice and we had fun singing again - this time to Daddy! Happy Birthday, Waylon!

So this week, we've been trying to get Noah's big boy room ready so he can move in this weekend. We got the bed yesterday and put it together while he was sleeping last night. When he woke up this morning, he was so excited about it, climbed right in and didn't want to get out. He even told me on the way to school that he wanted to go back home and 'get in bed!' He says he wants to sleep in there tonight, so we'll see how it goes. Grammy is coming back through town tonight to bring us a dresser and side table from my Gramma's house - that will go in Noah's room and I'm hoping tomorrow to get some of his wall decorations up. This weekend's major plans are to get Noah used to his new room and bed. We'll see how it goes!


These pictures are from this morning - he didn't want to get out! :-)


I can't believe that tomorrow, it will have been 2 years since he was born. Time sure flies. I find myself getting increasingly more nostalgic about it all - maybe it's hormones! :-)

3 comments:

Amy Grant, Stella Dot, and Yma said...

I can't believe how busy you are. I'm exhausted just reading about it! Sorry to hear your mom is sick. Feel better soon!

Evia, Tim, Eli and Cole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Evia, Tim, Eli and Cole said...

That post tired me out!!

Hope you have a great birthday tomorrow Noah!!