Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sunday night update - and EXCITING news!!

Saturday morning started with the 5K! It went really well! Waylon pushed Noah in the jogging stroller and did great with that. Andrea and I ran together and paced ourselves pretty well although I did have to stop to walk once. Waylon's mom, Kay, and Sean and Savannah came to cheer us on. I was very proud of getting though it and will need to find another goal in order to keep up the running! :-) Pics....

Before the run

And after - notice my red face!! :-)
Noah on the way home - his poor little windburned cheeks - our little Santa in the making!

As soon as we got home, I jumped in the shower and headed back out to get my nails done with the girls. Jennie had set up appointments for all of us at a cute little salon in Holly Springs. We had the whole place to ourselves and the salon owner even got us a few bottles of wine and appetizers. It was very fun!


Saturday night was our date night. Most of the 'crew' that we hang out with a lot work for an engineering firm and last night was their annual holiday party. It's a big deal and everyone gets dressed up. Megan and Dave have people over to their house for a pre-party and we were invited! We decided to use it as an excuse to get dressed up and have a nice night and dinner out!


And here's the BIG news!!!!....

For those of you who don't know, Jennie's boyfriend, Cory, and Waylon went to high school together and have been friends forever. Jennie and I have become great friends over the past 6 years, too. Jennie and Cory have been dating for 8 years and everyone has been wondering for a long time now when they are going to get engaged... well, as you can guess, it finally happened!! We couldn't be happier for them and are so excited!

The beautiful ring


The pre-party was great and afterwards, Waylon and I went to a very nice dinner at Duck and Dumpling in downtown Raleigh.

The group (minus us - we offered to be the picture takers since we were the 'imposters'!) :-)

The girls
The boys
This morning, we stuck close to home and played here. After Noah woke up from his nap, we left for my work holiday party. It was so fun! They had two rooms at the Hilton - one was the kids room with movies playing and lots of action. Santa came and brought each child a gift, too! It was great!


Ready for the party - he's really good at saying 'CHEESE' (as you will see)
We've been talking a lot about Santa and Noah loves him in pictures... he'll even say 'Ho Ho Ho' when asked what Santa says.
He wasn't quite sure about real life Santa though! At least he didn't scream. :-)
Opening the gift he got from Santa!
Getting some help from my coworkers kids - Alli (in pink) was the best babysitter!
How did Santa know I'd love this!?
The parents having a beverage after the party
With my coworker's son, Griffin - they had just given each other a hug in this picture - Noah was thanking Griffin and his brother Owen for his wardrobe - Deirdre gives us all of their hand-me-downs!! It's been awesome! She even gave us the jogging stroller that Waylon used yesterday!


And last but certainly not least, check out this video. I thought I was just getting him being silly eating grapes but I got something much better! :-)



This was not prompted... he didn't even know I was taping him and when he saw me with the camera, he just said 'CHEESE!' Too funny!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the way Noah eats his grapes! :)

Jessica said...

Holy Crap! It finally happened! Tell Jenny I said CONGRATULATIONS! Her dedication paid off :) From the picture, the ring looks just beautiful. yay!

And, next time you post an "exciting news" title on your "family" blog, make a note that it is not about YOU being Pregnant. I was scrolling as fast as I could thinking that was your news!!!

Frank, Janet, Maddie and Mason said...

Congrats on completing the 5K! Instead of collapsing like I would have done, you got a mani/pedi! :)

Also, where does Noah get his grape-eating skills? Too funny!

Anonymous said...

You are the very best blogger I know! I feel very in the loop now that I have caught up to Thanksgiving. It will be fun for you to help Jenny with all her wedding plans although I guess by now she may have the whole thing down in her head. That video is awesome! That kid is ready for Hollywood.
:0) Nicole