Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Maybe we are crazy....

... but we just booked a trip to the Dominican Republic!! Waylon and I are going with three other couples to an all inclusive resort there!

I went back and forth as to whether I could handle leaving Noah but in the end, we decided to go for it. Not only are we committed to being great parents, but we are also committed to having a great marriage (those two go hand in hand, of course). I believe that means taking some time away from the kid(s) every once in a while to just be a couple. And if we are going to get away.... we might as well do it right!

So, we are going for 5 nights at the end of June. My parents are going to come stay with Noah (and Seger). I know he'll be just fine... it's me I'm worried about! :-) I know once I'm on that white sandy beach with a margarita in hand, I'll be just fine, too. I'll miss him terribly but coming home to his smiling face will just be that much sweeter (except I'll be tan, too!). :-)

Here are some photos of the resort where we are staying! I can't wait!!



3 comments:

Unknown said...

That's wonderful! I hope ya'll have a great time!

Anonymous said...

I have been to the Dominican Republic(Punta Cana) 3 times and love it!!! You will have a blast!

Evia, Tim, Eli and Cole said...

Oh my gosh! I can't imagine. Is that you in the 2nd picture in your bikini? You'll be sporting one in style by then!