Monday, October 22, 2012

Beach with Grammy and Papa

Well, despite the pneumonia, we decided to still head to the beach after Noah's early release day on Friday, September 28th.  He was very excited to be tracked out of school for 3 weeks!  Unfortunately, Waylon had to work that weekend so we left him at home (not the original plan!).  :-(  My mom came down to take over the driving responsibilities so that I could relax and try to recover.


Dinner on our way into town
After we arrived at the house, as we were trying to get the kids to bed, Kylie spiked a fever of almost 103!  :-( I was so worried that she had gotten pneumonia from me.  Meds kept her fever down for most of the weekend so we were still able to enjoy it - she and I just took full advantage of relaxing and took lots of naps.

This was actually our first trip to the beach all year so the kids were so excited when their feet hit the sand.  They loved jumping in the waves and all my concerns about being there went away as soon as I saw the smiles on their faces.






Papa arrived later that afternoon and Kylie and I took a nap while Grammy, Papa and Noah explored the area a little bit.

On Sunday, we went to the Aquarium and they loved that, too!


A pretend stream

Watching the Penguin presentation
Don't we both look so sick!  :-)

Kylie took this picture
We went to a presentation about sea turtles and Noah got to participate.  :-)  He was obviously so excited!


The lights in this hallway made it look like you were underwater so the kids were 'swimming'  :-)

Silly Noah
 And of course the obligatory hermit crab picture...



They both wanted to ride in the 'way back' of the van and were so excited!


We went to a late lunch and then Kylie and I napped again when we got back to the house! We went out to dinner that night down in Emerald Isle and I got a cute picture of Kylie with Papa.


On Monday morning, I decided to take Kylie to the Urgent Care because the fever wasn't going away and I was so worried about her having pneumonia.  The doctor deemed it a virus and of course she seemed much better that afternoon.

Here she is at the doctor - like I said, so sick looking!!  :-)
After we got back, we went down to the beach and spent all afternoon there.  The weather was beautiful and Kylie and I were both feeling better so it was a perfect afternoon!!



Lots of fishing with Papa



Kylie got sand in her bathing suit and decided she didn't want to wear it anymore so we let her run around in her underwear.  There were hardly any people on the beach so I figured, why not??  :-)


We buried Noah...

... and then Kylie

Kylie caught a 13 inch flounder!

and even picked it up and threw it back herself!
Noah caught a fish also!

Love this shot - sunshine and sand.  Happiness

The kids were so exhausted when they got back to the house.

Papa snuggles
Tuesday morning, Kylie and I packed up and planned to leave at lunchtime.  We were hoping that we'd be able to go to the beach but it was a rainy morning so we figured we might as well go jump in puddles!

Breakfast Tuesday morning

The water was chilly!!

Kylie and I left and were excited to come back and see Daddy and Noah stayed the rest of the week with Grammy and Papa - some pictures I got from them of the rest of their trip....


Noah took this one
They went to Fort Macon and learned a lot about Blackbeard



Thursday was Grammy's birthday.  Noah and I made a card before I left and he and Papa got her a bracelet.  :-) (then we celebrated more when they got back to our house - more on that in the next post)



That day they took a ferry to Shackleford Island to see the wild horses. So fun!!





They went to dinner that night and on the way home, noticed the Putt Putt place was open so they stopped and played!


On Friday (or Saturday? - I may be off on my days), Uncle Michael decided to join them (the place where we were staying was a place they had been renting all summer).  He took them out on his boat and brought their dog, Josie. Noah was in heaven!!




Love this!

Picnic on the beach
Cape Lookout


They came back to our house on Sunday and joined us and Leah and Bill who had come to visit us for the weekend - more on that visit next post!

No comments: