Saturday, July 9, 2011

Birthday Updates!

Well, we've had a fabulous week at the lake with my family but I have a lot to update before I get to this week!

A few weeks ago, Waylon's parents babysat for Kylie and Waylon and I took Noah to go see Cars 2 on opening day! It was such a fun outing and we all loved it! We decided last minute to take him to the 3D version - we weren't sure how he'd do with that but he loved it.


Waylon's parents had fun with Kylie also. It's always good for the kids to get some alone time! :-) After we got home and got everyone to bed, I took off to a get together with some ladies in our neighborhood. It was so fun to get to know some of them better! Have I mentioned I love our neighborhood!? :-)

The kids both started swim lessons that week also. Noah is thriving!! After just a few lessons, he has so much more confidence. He went from wanting me to hold his hands while he jumps in to asking me to keep backing up and then jumps and swim to me.

The following evening, we went to a cookout at some other neighbors' house - two doors down. We all had a blast. Carolyn and Eric have a girl, Abby who will be 2 in September so she and Kylie could be friends for a long time!! Kylie loves her and says her name all the time.

Noah and Kylie with Abby and Lauren

Abby, Cole and Kylie

Noah and Cole playing horsey with Jenna, Charlie and Kylie looking on

Kylie decided she wanted more dessert so she went and sat down. This is the face she made when I told her no. She's getting quite the little attitude!! :-)

Bubble time! Kylie was rubbing the bubble stuff all over her arms and face and then saying 'TA DA!!!'

Time for some duck duck goose

The guys looking on

Mother may I

Sunday morning, Waylon needed to mow the yard so the kids and I took off to Andrea, Sean and Savannah's house. We tried to do some water play in the back yard but with the shade, it was a little chilly so we took a walk to North Hills for some lunch.

Chilly girls

Sweet Savannah

Kylie girl!

That afternoon, I went shopping with my friend Jenn. It was fun to get out for a bit and use some gift cards that had been burning a hole in my wallet! :-)

That Monday, our friend Josh was in town on business so he stayed with us. Megan and Dave came over and we ordered pizza and just hung out on the deck after the kids went to bed. It was a blast! No pictures from that night though....

First birthday of the week was Wednesday - Waylon's! Before work and school that morning we took a little extra time to celebrate and sang to him with a candle on a doughnut.

Noah wrote 'Daddy' on his card himself. I told him after he wrote 'DAD' that he had to write the next D small, and he followed directions! :-)

Singing to Daddy

After work, my mom arrived in town so Waylon and I took off just before the kids' bedtime for a birthday dinner. We had a great dinner at Maggiano's and then we walked around Barnes and Noble some. It was lots of fun! Thanks Mom!

On Friday, I sent the kids to school for part of the day and my mom and I got a lot of things ready for Noah's birthday party on Saturday. We went to school that afternoon and stayed for snack to celebrate Noah's birthday with his friends at school. Kylie joined them, too.


Friday night, we met Waylon's family out to dinner to celebrate his birthday with them. After dinner, Noah took quite the spill while racing with Savannah and skinned both knees and the side of his face. Poor thing was all banged up for his birthday the next day. :-(

Saturday was Noah's 4th birthday and his party, too. I really cannot believe it's been 4 years already!! He's such a big boy these days. He was so excited about his birthday - the night before he asked when he would be 4 and when I told him it was tomorrow, he got really upset! :-) When I asked him what he wanted for breakfast that morning and he said he wanted a 4 year old pancake so I made him one!



After a few hours, the kids went with Grammy to pick up Papa from the airport and we got things ready for the party. After they got home, Nana, Grandad, Andrea, Sean and Savannah arrived and we took off down to the pool to get set up! The party worked out really well and we all had so much fun!

The set up - dinosaur themed of course!

Noah hurt his knee again (the same place he'd hurt it the night before) and got upset for a little while and Kylie was consoling him.

He had so much fun greeting his guests!

Maddie
(LOVE this shot of them)

The original 3 stooges!

Elizabeth

Kylie with the water shooter

Cake time! Noah and I decorated it together.


Singing Happy Birthday
Savannah (in Andrea's lap), Maddie, Liam, Noah, Elizabeth, Kylie, Jacob, Stella Dot, Cole and Eli('s back)

Present time

Kylie loves the water

I think everyone had a blast - I know we sure did!!

After naps, Leah and her boyfriend, Bill, arrived and we did more present opening (family presents to Noah). It was like Christmas at our house!! Crazy.




Then out to dinner for mexican that night with Grammy, Papa, Leah and Bill. This was on the way home. :-)


Grammy and Papa left that night for the lake and Leah and Bill stayed with us. We hung out on the porch again after the kids went to bed and that was fun to just chat and catch up. The next day, we packed up and came here - the lake house - where we've been for a week now. We are leaving tomorrow to head back home to reality. It's been so much fun and I'll have to do another post just for this week!

No comments: