Sunday, April 3, 2011

Two more great weekends!

I'm two weekends behind yet again but I'm trying to catch up quick! Last weekend, I took off to Charleston for a bachelorette weekend and Waylon was home with the kids alone. He had an interesting time to say the least (Kylie has another tooth coming in) but overall, they... well, survived. :-) And amazingly, I did, too! HA.

Here are a few pictures from my weekend first. We arrived at Anise's house late Thursday night and had so much fun seeing her new place. She and Josh moved there last fall and we hadn't been down to see it yet so it was so nice to finally get there. A beautiful house, too!!

Jennie, Megan, Anise, me

Friday, we relaxed around the house in the morning and had a nice breakfast and then shopped around near her house. Friday night was our big night out for Megan. We played bar golf - it was pretty silly. We all dressed up and had so much fun in downtown Charleston!

Anise, Jennie, Megan (the bride), Megan, me

The Megans on the streets of Charlston - silly girls!
I think I'll stop the pictures from Friday night there. :-) We had a blast though. Good times.

Saturday was a pretty lazy day, to say the least. We went out for a late lunch but Megan's friend, Mandy (who organized the whole weekend), stayed back at Anise's house. When we got home, she had cleaned up, decorated and prepared for a lingerie shower for Megan. So sweet.

Megan and Mandy

We got some silliness in here, too.

Saturday night, we went out to a nice dinner in downtown Charleston - it was delicious and so fun!

Megan with her sisters (and future sister-in-law)
Susie (Dave's sister), Megan, Kirsten, and Lauren

Megan, Anise, Megan, Jennie, me

The whole crew at dinner

Sunday morning, we took off pretty early to get back to town. Megan and I were pretty anxious to see our little ones. :-) And I think Waylon was ready to see me, too.

While I was gone, Noah had his last soccer practice and at the end, they had a little awards ceremony. I was disappointed that I missed it but Waylon took pictures for me. Noah was very proud to show me his medal when I got home.



They also had a night with Andrea, Sean and Savannah on Saturday night and had a good time!

When I got home, the kids were very happy to see me. Kylie didn't give me quite the reaction that Waylon got when he arrived in MD the previous weekend but she threw her arms around me several times. And Noah was very excited also!

Kylie tried on my bar golf hat as I was unpacking.

After I got home on Sunday, we went back over to Andrea, Sean and Savannah's house for dinner and playtime. Nana and Grandad were there, too.

Silly girls!

Savannah was putting jewelry on Kylie and Kylie was loving every minute. :-)

Grandaddy got in on the dress up games, too!

On Monday, the kids were back in school and I played catch up and worked on job searching. I have a few leads right now and am actually going to a job fair tomorrow so we'll see what happens.

Think maybe this was Tuesday? Just thought it was such a sweet picture.

Kylie had an oreo for dessert one night and this was the result of that!

Tuesday evening, we met Waylon at Home Depot (after losing one of Kylie's loveys at Kohl's - grr - good thing we have two!). Anyway, the kids were all over the place and Kylie had to do everything Noah was doing. This was one of those things.... :-)

Right now, Noah is WAY into dinosaurs. Grammy and Papa got him this book and he LOVES looking at it. He is like a sponge soaking up all the information. It's actually pretty amazing.

On Thursday, we met Nana at the mall and she got both kids a pair of shoes! Noah got some new sneakers and Kylie got a cute pair of white sandals for summer. Noah first picked out a tacky pair of light up shoes and I was really afraid those were the ones we were coming home with. Fortunately, we talked him into a different pair by telling him they were faster. So now, since then, he's been racing around in them... it's so funny!

Here he is at the playground. He was racing around and then he would stop and shout something at me and then keep going. :-)

Kylie loves to swing.

Friday, the kids were back in school and Waylon and I had our home inspection at the new house. Everything checked out great and it's oh-so-close to being done. We have our walk-through on Tuesday and then closing the following Tuesday (the 12th). We can't wait!! We started packing some more things today and we are all set up for moving that week.

Here is the house with landscaping and a (front) yard!

Yesterday was a big day for Noah - he went to Monster Jam with Nana and Grandaddy! They had a blast and i'm hoping to get some pictures from them to share of their trip. They got to go to the "pit party" before the show - where they got to go down on the dirt and see the big trucks close up. They even saw Eli there which was fun!! Stay tuned for pics from that.

While they were there, Waylon and I had Kylie alone. We took her to lunch and it was a completely different experience eating out with just one kid! :-) We were laughing about how easy it seemed with just one. We decided to let her have chocolate milk for the first time. She loved it! :-)


We went to Jason's Deli for lunch and they have free ice cream there so we all got a little after lunch. We gave Kylie a small bowl but she decided she wanted my cone instead. Another first. It was so cute watching her eat it.


She kept taking bites out of the side of it and this is what it ended up looking like! :-)

After nap, we just got some good snuggles and playtime. I snapped this first pic myself and the flash didn't go off so I was playing with it and ended up with this. Thought it was pretty cool!


Mommy, Daddy and Kylie day

Noah was asleep when Nana and Grandaddy brought him home but he was so excited to tell us about his day, he woke up when they got home (he slept really well that night!). They had gotten him a lego monster truck and Daddy "helped" him put it together.

Today was another fun day - and some nicer weather again which was nice. First thing this morning, I took the kids and went over to Janet's house. Amy and Stella Dot came too so it was a nice little reunion!!

They are so big!

Kylie and Mason had fun, too. It was so sweet, they were chatting back and forth here - I mean, really talking about something. Kylie would babble at him and he would babble back. Everyone once in a while, he'd say, 'No'.. and keep talking! :-)

Friends (they are in the same class at school)

We left their house around 11 and met Waylon at a nearby park for a picnic lunch before home for naps. Afterwards, Andrea, Sean, Savannah, Nana and Grandaddy came over for a very impromptu cookout. It was so much fun as always!

Savannah arrived while Waylon was at the store with Kylie so when they got home, Noah and Savannah went running to her, screaming, 'Kylie!! Kylie!!'
By the way, this shirt that Kylie is wearing was mine when I was little! My mom actually made it. Pretty crazy. She was so cute in it.

Nana and Grandad brought a tee-ball set for the kids to play with. They had a blast. Think we might be doing tee-ball in this next session instead of soccer! Noah is pretty good - and so were Savannah and Kylie also!


No cookout would be complete without popsicles for dessert! (another first for Kylie) :-)

Phew!! Some good times. Life is good!!!!
Now hopefully I'll find a job! :-)

No comments: