Thursday, January 27, 2011

Lots of Birthday Parties!

It seems like these posts just get farther and farther apart. I'm not really sure why... it's not like we have a lot going on or anything!! :-)

Actually, this week and next week are kind of extra crazy because I'm working a full week and none of us are used to that! Next Friday will be my last day at my current job so we are trying to cram in as much as possible before I'm done. My contract has run up at my current job and they are not able to renew it at this time. After next Friday, we'll pull the kids out of daycare on Wednesdays (they will still go on Tuesday and Thursdays) and I'll spend those days searching for a job - along with dealing with any house stuff that may come up. Hopefully something will work out soon.

Just a cute shot of Kylie from that week.

Going back a few weeks to my last post. It looks like my last post was on the 10th which was a Monday, so I guess that week was a pretty typical week. I think that Friday and Saturday, we tagged teamed for a guys night on Friday and a girls night on Saturday. Waylon had to work that Sunday morning so that kids and I just played at home and then I had a baby shower to attend - our friends Sharon and Michael are going to have a baby girl soon! - and after that, I met the kids and Waylon at his parents house. Kylie had had a slight fever a few days before so we missed seeing Savannah that time... but we managed to have a great time anyway! :-)

Playtime!

An unprompted hug forGrandaddy

And an impromptu concert by Noah! :-)

Of course a bedtime story from Nana before heading home in PJs for bed.


Monday was Martin Luther King Day so the kids and I met my co-worker Deirdre and her kids, Owen and Griffin at Marbles Kids Museum. I was a little nervous about handling both kids by myself there but we did great and had a blast!!

Griffin, Owen, Kylie and Noah

Time for fishing!

Owen and Griffin decided to put on a play. Noah wanted a behind-the-scenes job and was the curtain opener. :-)


Kylie loved the command center in the submarine

This scared me but the kids loved it. It was a cage structure that stuck out of the wall on the second floor! I was standing on a balcony taking their picture. Pretty crazy.

Another highlight was the hockey rink. This prompted me to find a team sport for Noah to join so we start soccer tomorrow!! He's so excited!



Another pretty typical week except I worked Friday so that following weekend felt (and really was) pretty jam packed. Noah had two birthday parties to attend on Saturday so he and I went to those while Waylon and Kylie had a father/daughter day.

First up, Meredith's party at Monkey Joe's.... Noah and his friend, Tyler bumped heads early on and Noah got a little fat lip so it was a rough start and he was a little emotional through this one but still had lots of fun as you can see!

Wrestling with Tyler - the birthday girl, Meredith is looking on.

lunch time!

And cake time

Monkey Joe visits... Noah was really excited.


This was hilarious. They were playing this game where they'd hug and then fall on the ground. We all thought it was a recipe for disaster but they had a blast and somehow managed not to hurt themselves!




When we left there, we were planning to meet Waylon and Kylie at the mall but Noah seemed really tired. So we had pulled into a parking spot at the mall and I asked Noah if he wanted to go in or if he wanted to drive around and nap. He paused and said, 'Well, I'm a little bit tired.' so we drove around. It was pretty cute. So I drove around for about 45 minutes while he napped and then it was on to Marlowe's party at The Little Gym!


Trying out the parallel bars with Luckie



This was cute. They had all the kids lay on this while they blew it up. So fun!!

Then they got to jump across it.

And of course, more cake time!!

After all the kids activities, I needed a night out so some girlfriends and I went out to a really nice dinner downtown. Our friend Anise was back in town so it was nice to have her there!


Sunday morning, we all loaded up and went to our old stomping grounds and had a playdate with Maddie, Mason and Stella Dot. So much fun!!!

Kylie trying out their new toys!


Amy brought a pin the tail on the squirrel game and they older kids had fun doing that.

Then lunch time!!

Maddie's birthday was this week and they had had an early party the day before, so we had more cake!!

After nap on Sunday, we went over to our friends', Megan and Dave's house for some football. The kids had a blast and so did we!

Kylie cuddled up in a blanket. :-) Love this picture!

Ryan and Kylie. They are going to be buds!!

Noah tried on Megan's boots. :-)

I drove by the house on the way to work one day this week - the outside hasn't changed too much but they are working on drywall. We actually went by there today and it's amazing how much it's changed inside!! We are getting there!


It won't be long and we'll be out of this 'in-between house'. :-)

This weekend is another jam packed on - tomorrow is soccer and Maddie's birthday party and Sunday we'll head back to Nana and Grandad's to visit! So fun!

No comments: