Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Weekend in MD

Last Thursday, Noah and I flew up to MD to visit with Grammy and Papa and go to a good family friend, Jill's, baby shower. I figured it was a good chance to come to the shower and get in one last trip before I'm pretty much homebound before the baby is born. I was a little nervous about flying with a 2 year old when I was so pregnant though. Of course, Noah was so good and the flight was uneventful so that was good.

When we arrived, we went straight home to check out all the fun toys that Grammy keeps at her house. I wasn't sure how naptime would go so I just waited until he was very tired and he went down fine (he was in a new room and new big boy bed there).

Friday morning, we ran some errands - got a present for the shower and a dress for me for the two weddings we have to go to this weekend and next weekend!

Friday night, Noah stayed home with Grammy and Papa and I met up with some of my girlfriends from high school. It's always nice to catch up with them!

Some pictures from Friday...

Cheese!!!

Playing with Mommy's old Fisher Price record player.
He wasn't quite sure what to think! :-)

Noah wanted to push Grammy around in the wheelchair -
Grammy said it's a peek of things to come! :-)

Riding the ride at Babies R Us - wow, when we are with Grammy, these things move!
I usually don't put any money in. :-)


Saturday morning, we just relaxed and had a pretty slow morning. Around 11:00, another high school friend (and middle and elementary school!), Brian, came over and brought his two kids, Addison and Caleb. Noah had so much fun with them today and was still talking about them just this morning! It was so fun to catch up with Brian, too.

Watching 'Tigger and Pooh' in the chair mommy used to sit in.

Posing with the new kitchen Grammy and Papa got -
apparently it took them 2 1/2 hours to put it together!!

Playing with Caleb and Addison


Saturday afternoon, Noah and Papa got some alone time while I went to the shower with my mom and sister.

Just before we left for the shower...

Papa fed Noah dinner and gave him his own mini cherry pie for dessert. He loved it!

They also took a walk in the woods behind the house.

Jill's mom, Roz and my mom went to college together and have been best friends ever since. We've spent almost every Christmas with them since I was a kid and Jill and her sisters are more like cousins to me and my sister. Now, Jill is due 10 days after me! So exciting!

Kinda crazy to compare the bumps. I'm huge! :-) - no wait, She's tiny!
Diane, me, Jill, Katie, and Leah
Sunday morning, we headed back to Raleigh. Another uneventful flight which was good! Noah was so excited to see daddy and promptly fell asleep in the car on the way home. He took a nice long nap and so did I when we got home!

Studying the safety features on the plane before takeoff.

Snuggling after nap on Sunday
Sunday evening, Nana and Grandaddy came over to play and go out to dinner. A grandparent filled weekend! What could be better??

On Tuesday this week, we picked up Maddie from school and she and Noah had a great time playing. Couldn't pass up the opportunity to get a few pictures of them.

Hiding in the closet. They literally went in there and closed the door and waited for me to come find them. It was funny.

Swinging!

Today is one of Waylon's favorite days of the year - the first football game of the season! In honor of the game and the fall like weather, we put on Noah's red pants. Here he is this morning trying to make the Wolfpack sign. :-)


Tomorrow, Grammy and Papa are coming here! Wow, two weekends in a row with them. They are generous enough to come back to be our on-hand babysitters for the weekend since we have wedding festivities for Cory and Jennie! It's really happening! They are getting married in two days!!

1 comment:

Evia, Tim, Eli and Cole said...

Love how Noah has his arm propped on your leg in the record player picture. Such a big boy! It's so neat to see your past and his present come together in the record player and chair. And he favors your Dad in the cherry pie picture.

Glad you had a great time and that Noah travelled well for you.

GO PACK!!