Monday, May 11, 2009

Fun with Savannah, Yard Sale, Graduation and Mother's Day! Phew!

Our weekend was jam packed - as usual I suppose. Our neighborhood was having a yard sale on Saturday that we had decided to opt out of but then we decided on Wednesday that maybe we should do it. We wanted to empty our bonus room so we can convert that to a guest room (so the current guest room can become Noah's new room), so Thursday and Friday turned into massive Spring Cleaning mode! Luckily, we got it all done in time and feel a major sense of accomplishment and in between managed to have fun, too!

First of all, here is a cute picture of Noah and Savannah playing last weekend...


Then, this past Friday, Noah and I met Andrea and Savannah for some professional pictures. We should get those back soon and I can't wait to share them here! Here's a few shots from lunch afterwards...

Believe it or not, Noah took this one!
(okay, I helped a little but he pushed the button!)


This past week - my 'little' cousin, Reeves, graduated from NC State! On Friday night, Waylon's parents came to babysit Noah and we had a nice dinner out alone and then headed to Reeves' graduation party. We had a great time visiting with family - even though they live right in Raleigh, we hardly ever see them! - we are hoping that will change.



Saturday morning was the yard sale and was a pretty big success. We had a great time hanging out outside - Noah loved it! Our little social butterfly loved saying hi and bye to everyone that came by. When we were ready to quit, we loaded everything in the car and took the rest to goodwill and then had a nice lunch. Naptime for Noah meant I got ready and headed to Reeves' graduation.


Afterwards, we all headed back to Michael and Karen's house (my aunt and uncle) for a great meal to celebrate. Waylon and Noah met us there. We had a great time and Noah really enjoyed playing with Uncle Michael. He was even talking about his time there this morning before school!


Mother's Day was great! Waylon got up, took Noah out of the house on some errands and let me sleep in a bit. I wasn't sure if I'd even be able to, but somehow I managed! :-) I slept in until 9, got a nice quiet shower and then Waylon and Noah came home with a bagel and decaf coffee for me! :-) We all enjoyed some downtime for the early afternoon (a nice change from the rest of the weekend!) and then it was off to Nana and Grandad's for dinner.



Over at Nana and Grandad's house, we had fun playing and eating and trading Mother's Day gifts with them and Andrea, Sean and Savannah. Here is Noah giving Nana his gift!


Tonight, my mom will be coming through town, so we are looking forward to celebrating Mother's Day with her, too! :-)

4 comments:

Evia, Tim, Eli and Cole said...

So funny, Eli's "maw-maw" got the same photo album as "Nana"! You look great - I think I see the beginnings of baby belly!!! Glad you had a great weekend.

Jackie said...

Your baby bump is so cute! :)

LauraS said...

Dear Noah,

Thanks for looking at our blog! You're going to be an awesome big brother.

Claire & Keira Sehdeva

Frank, Janet, Maddie and Mason said...

I see a bump! Does Noah want to "see the baby" yet??