Thursday, April 9, 2009

Last weekend

The weather over the weekend was beautiful and we spent a lot of time outside! It was so nice on Friday, we decided to have an impromptu cookout with Andrea, Sean and Savannah. Noah was so sweet with Savannah - it's fun to watch him get excited about little ones. He's going to be a great big brother!


On Saturday morning, I took off to Greensboro to finally meet Evelyn - my friend Jessica's baby. She was born 6 weeks ago and I can't believe it took me that long to go see her! It was nice to have a day off and to visit for a while. Of course I got no pictures of Jessica or Kevin! I'm horrible.


While I was away, Noah and Waylon had a good father/son day. They went out to a BBQ-fest with some friends and had dinner with Nana and Grandad.

On Sunday, the weather was beautiful so we went out for breakfast at the Farmer's Market and did yardwork and just spent lots of time outside.

We are so excited about this new baby. We feel like we have a lot to do to prepare but can't really start yet. We're hoping to get Noah in a big boy bed around his 2nd birthday (July) and then start getting the nursery ready again. It's crazy to think we'll have two kids before the end of the year! I think Noah is really starting to get it (although he has no idea what it really means), but if asked where the baby is, he'll point to my belly. Then I ask where the big boy is and he points to himself! :-)

He's really communicating well and his ear infections are finally gone!!! Whew! Hm, actually I'm not sure I even had mentioned that on here. We had a really rough time about a month ago. Noah's ears started draining really bad and we were put on ear drops - which did nothing. He would not sleep AT ALL and we were afraid it was the start of a phase. Once we got on oral antibiotics (about 5 days later) the sleeping got better but that round didn't even knock out the infection so we were put on a different antibiotic. I just took him back for a follow up this morning and they are finally gone!! While we were there, I asked the doctor to check his teeth. I thought we were still waiting on two more but turns out he has them all (minus 1/2 of a front tooth!). :-)

One last picture of our big boy!!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I had my friend's baby in my lap the other day...as soon as Alexis noticed, she ran over and said "me mommy, me mommy"...and then insisted that I pick her up too. Guess we'll wait a little while b/4 adding a sibling :)