Friday, February 27, 2009

Snaggletooth

Noah's new nickname after a park trip yesterday.....

He fell face first into a piece of playground equipment and I heard the crunch right away. I was pretty sure it was his tooth before I looked at him but had no idea how bad it was. Fortunately, he didn't bust a lip or hit anything else besides his tooth. He cried for a few minutes but stopped pretty quickly and was ready to keep playing. Needless to say, I was pretty freaked out and we went directly to the pediatric dentist - who we'd never been to before. They were so great there and made me feel very at ease. They did x-rays and determined that medically, everything was okay and the permanent tooth behind it isn't damaged. It's likely the tooth could change color and we have things to watch out for but it should be okay. They told us we could have the tooth bonded for cosmetic reasons but it would be hard to get it attached so well on such a small tooth - not to mention we'd have to hold him down for a good 20 minutes to have it done. So for now, he'll just have to have a snaggletooth! :-) I guess it will add to his character, huh?

Waylon beat me home and since I was so upset about the whole situation, I came home to dinner in the oven and on the stove, the table set for dinner complete with red tulips (my favorite), music playing, and a drink open and ready for me. What a great husband! :-)

Here are some pictures from the triplets' birthday party last Sunday afternoon. Noah napped for a long time that day, so we were late and missed the cake eating extravaganza, but Noah had a cupcake when we got there and enjoyed playing with all of their toys!

Maddy

Brendan - missing some of the party!

Rory

This weekend we plan to stick pretty close to home and have some quality family time. Next weekend, Noah and I are going to go to the lake with my parents while Waylon stays here to get some yard work done - again, what a good husband I have!! :-)

1 comment:

Brad said...

ouch!! glad to see he bounced right back!